Son of a Gun Reviews

• Jun 29, 2019

Action packed with high stakes, Son of a Gun had me hooked all the way to the end.

• Jan 09, 2019

A fab wee movie great story and well acted by all. Criminalistic shoddy brotherhood of backstabbing and twists and turns nicely bob along. Thoroughly enjoyed.

• Dec 21, 2018

Son Of A Gun's story and characters only fire hollow points

Son Of A Gun's story and characters only fire hollow points

• Aug 07, 2018

McGregor and Thwaites are great. There’s a style and ferocity to the action that helps it pop. But, the pacing is slower than you’d want from a heist film and the Vikander love angle feels more forced than natural.

• Aug 06, 2018

This is my favorite movie of all time

This is my favorite movie of all time

• Mar 08, 2018

A really good film with an interesting plot. Many parts of this film was pretty fast paced and exciting to watch with a lot of gritty sequences. Brenton Thwaite's did a good job, Alicia Vikander was really good and did a good accent but Ewan McGregor stole the show! he did such a good job and he was so different to the majority of his other roles so that made this a really refreshing film to watch.

• Jens S Super Reviewer
    Feb 14, 2018

While the directing and acting works on pretty much all levels, the plot of this jail / gangster / heist thriller is a little high on coincidence and pretends to end on a twist that's not particularly surprising. Still, the action scenes are well done and you want to know how it all ends. An entertaining film whose Australian setting gives it a distinctive look...

• Dec 03, 2017

It's mainly held up by Ewan McGregor's believable display as an escaped convict looking for one last job.

• Nov 21, 2017

Son of a gun it's a fun little crime movie that starts off really well but unfortunately the second half of the movie is in a strong as the first. The performances are well done and the script is decent. I wanted to know a little bit more about these characters though because I know absolutely nothing about their past. I little bit more characterization and a stronger second half would have made this into a crime classic.

• Nov 05, 2017

This was a fantastic movie. Absolutely amazing. Loved it. Great story. Great ending. Great action. Lots of twists and turns. Highly recommended.