Son of Frankenstein - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Son of Frankenstein Reviews

½ November 2, 2013
"Son of Frankenstein" no se le acerca a la original "Frankenstein" o a la gran "Bride of Frankenstein", sin embargo es una interesante secuela que reúne a Karloff y a Bela Lugosi (en un papel muy peculiar como Ygor) y que presenta un diseño de producción inspirado en el expresionismo alemán.
La historia nos sitúa muchos años después de "Bride", introduciéndonos al hijo del doctor y a su familia quien se muda al castillo y que pronto descubrirán que quizás el monstruo no murió en ese terrible incendio.
"Son of Frankenstein" es una interesante película con momentos memorables. Indispensable para fanáticos de la serie de monstruos de Universal.
October 22, 2013
A fantastic horror film. As good as they get!
½ October 17, 2013
I could look at those expressionistic sets all day.
October 16, 2013
Cheap, never scary,and relentlessly annoying, "Son of Frankenstein" is a waste of time and an absolute disgrace to the name Frankenstein. Utter bullshit.
½ October 1, 2013
This is a very underrated film with some great performances.
September 17, 2013
my favorite frankenstien movie plus I own it on vhs
September 6, 2013
Not as good as the original, but I preferred it to 'Bride of Frankenstein'. Basil Rathbone is the main attraction here. And the production design is out of this world! Some of the coolest-looking sets I've ever seen. Fun to see Lionel Atwill as the Inspector.
August 9, 2013
1931's Frankenstein Is One Of My Favorite Films.
June 6, 2013
New Age set designs, Lugosi's stellar performance as Igor and eerie scens between the Frankenstein Monster and a child make this a classic. Some of the doctors scens are hammy though.
May 9, 2013
Just a great classic horror film.
April 16, 2013
In many ways this is the most unique of all the Frankenstein sequels. It's also on of the most unique Universal horror movies ever made. Amazing set design, great cast, great script, etc. A full length feature film!
March 24, 2013
Good sequel, Boris Karloff is awesome and so is Bela Lugosi. A lot of the jokes in Young Frankenstein came from this movie.
February 25, 2013
This is so good, oldschool and very cool!
February 20, 2013
Good sequel, Boris Karloff is awesome.
½ December 29, 2012
God I love this movie. Karloff's last time starring as the Monster, Basil Rathbone as Wolf von Frankenstein, Bela Lugosi as Igor, and Lionell Atwill as Krogh; what's not to love? All sorts of fun!!
½ December 8, 2012
Maker of monsters

The son of Frankenstein returns home to claim his estate and he is quickly revolted by how the public views his father. His father was a scientific genius but his neighbors view him differently. The son of Frankenstein finds the monster in a comma in the basement of the estate. He decides, with the aid of Igor, to stop at nothing to revive the monster and correct the views of the Frankenstein family.

"Two bullets in his heart and he still lives."

Rowland Lee, director of The Count of Monte Cristo (1934), Captain Kidd, The Son of Monte Cristo, A Night of Terror, The Toast of New York, and The Mysterious Dr. Fu Manchu, delivers Son of Frankenstein. The storyline for this picture is entertaining and worth following. The characters are very interesting and this doesn't feel like the classic ridiculous sequel based on the "son of" plot. The cast delivers awesome performances and includes Boris Karloff, Bela Lugosi, Lionel Atwill, and Basil Rathbone.

"Tell us the truth or we'll hang you again."

I DVR'd this picture off Turner Classic Movies (TCM) this past Halloween. I was excited to see this movie based on its amazing cast. I will say it was entertaining and unpredictable and I loved Bela Lugosi as Igor (my favorite character in this picture). I do strongly recommend seeing this horror classic gem.

"It's alive."

Grade: B-
November 16, 2012
Classic monster movie. A respectable showing but lacking the same magic as some of the originals.
November 1, 2012
really amazing set design...every room and every setting was visually odd and strange. good film with the great Basil Rathbone
October 31, 2012