Son of Lassie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

March 10, 2016
Son of Lassie 1945

Lassie and Lady

Son of Lassie Lady go recruited to military army dog training. MP'S

Find son of lassie Lady afraid of guns and not jumping over fens but crawl under it.

Lady snuck onto British reconicissence plan to take low hight photos of Norway during World War II.

The plan gets shot down and Lady with owner.

The air raid sequence looked impressive with all the explosions and destruction.

The landscapes or mountains and snow of Norway looked amazing.

Nazis use Grande on log cabin so it will not be used to hide allies.

Have Lady encounter POW camp where a blind man ask to use Lady for a Seen Eye dog.

Workers are around digging and putting sand bags for barricades

Dog found owner but Nazis located British pilot

Dog can't even fetch a stick.

Nazi sergeant insults British pilot

Lady came home with owner. Nothing about the ending came as a surprise because it was expected. The body of the film and journey was the best part of the film.

Lassie was insured for a million dollars while head star was insured for less.
July 15, 2015
A simple 'Lassie-esqued' film that tugs at the heart strings well and focuses on devil-may-care though unaware and friendly Laddie very well as the movie is set during the Second World War.
½ January 2, 2015
Nice Lassie story during the WWII and the heroism the son of Lassie (Laddie) goes through to save his master.
June 24, 2013
Still strong family fare, via MGM, with the great Lassie
½ March 6, 2011
Great movie and great story line. June Lockart had a very small role in here but great in the tv shows of Lassie
December 20, 2009
Lassie's son Laddie and his master Joe are shot down over Norway during WW2 and have to hide from the Nazis. Another great Lassie movie.
½ November 19, 2009
I'm a nerd who has seen all of the Lassie movies. They are good family films.
November 27, 2008
I believe that I have probably seen all the Lassie movies ever put out. Lassie movies are by far my most favorite movie. It is a clean, safe movie for family, friends and children.
August 6, 2008
my favorite Lassie movie
July 22, 2008
SON OF LASSIE WAS OK,NOT AS GOOD AS THE REST.
½ July 16, 2008
Maintains interest, but that damn dog gets a lot of people killed.
½ July 7, 2008
A bit cheesy... not as good as "Lassie Come Home," but sequels rarely are. And I'm afraid that Canada stood in for Norway... I'm sure I recognized those mountains! But the scenery was nice, fake or not, and my word, Peter Lawford was a handsome man!
½ June 1, 2008
Why did the one nazi look japanese?
May 31, 2008
December 11, 2007
GOTTA KEEP THE FAMILY LINE GOIN
November 13, 2007
I am not a huge fan of Lassie movies, but the good production values boost this one up a few notches. The World War II slant on the film is an interesting twist. Good cast, Donald Crisp is very good. Of course Lassie is amazing as always.
March 24, 2007
brilliant ..family movie...a must see
March 21, 2007
i cried at this one too
February 10, 2007
I loved Lassie as a kid
January 22, 2007
kool as i might wanna see lol of course i wanna see it