Son of the Mask - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Son of the Mask Reviews

September 21, 2017
Thankfully, I haven't seen this film entirely, although I saw small parts of it on TV before changing the channel. This film overdoes the oddball special effects so much, I feel like I could puke! The acting stinks, the story is dumb, the characters freak me out, & WHERE IS JIM CARREY (from the original "The Mask")?!?!

Note to parents: if you let your kids watch this film, you should be arrested for child abuse.
September 8, 2017
Without Jim Carrey it's just not the same it's a different plot for the movie new characters I like the first one more I would have to say

Now if anyone is wondering why Jim Carrey did not play in son of the mask,

At first Jim Carrie was going to Play in the movie and he would get paid $ 10 million to play in the movie and then Jim Carrey said no he would not do it. So at this Point Jim Carrey said he would play in a sequel if they do one.
½ August 22, 2017
To be honest, the thing that makes this movie good is that I consider it to be a mix of The Mask and The Cat in the Hat
½ August 7, 2017
This is an insultingly horrible follow-up to Jim Carrey's "The Mask". Not only is this trainwreck on a boat of CGI abomination is so disgustingly terrible, but it's F***ING SCARY!!! Nonsensical plot is obvious in the movie, but many CGI images in this movie are freaking terrifying. I mean, these are appealing images for kids!? Is this really what's supposed to be a kids movie!? In fact, can I even call it a kids movie!?
½ July 31, 2017
Ugly, disgusting, cartoonish, awful special effects, and horrifying imagery that is certainly not for kids ultimately makes Son of the Mask one of cinema's greatest abominations.
July 7, 2017
The bad acting, the terrifying CGI, the mediocre story, and wonky premise makes this film easily one of the worst sequels ever.
July 1, 2017
From the look of the clips I've seen, I'm guessing this movie gets used as an instrument of torture.
June 27, 2017
Son of the MasK believe it or wasn't that bad as people say it is there are some stupid scenes but I enjoyed it I give it 8/10
June 25, 2017
I liked this as a kid. But now...wow. Just no. I also can't believe Kal Penn and Alan Cumming were roped into this. The best I can say is that there were some interesting aspects (maybe scenes...I guess I could say very small scenes) and some decent cinematography here and there.
½ June 25, 2017
This movie is beyond terrible. It has horrible acting, disgusting and unfunny garbage humor, a very poor story, and the worst part is the CGI is so sickening and terrible.

This is not worth anyones time. It is godawful.
½ June 10, 2017
Have you ever stayed over at a friend's house as a teen, eaten a shitload of garlic-drenched meat-lovers' pizza, and fallen asleep on the sofa without brushing your teeth? Well, Lawrence Guterman did once and decided to make a movie inspired by the nightmare he had that night. A wonderfully wrong, surreal, offensive movie experience---too creatively bad, too willfully ugly and unpleasant to be downright incompetent. A lot of fun in the ironic viewing circuit.
½ June 8, 2017
This is absolutly shameful. Please for god sake, Stick with the Jim carry the mask, It's actually a GOOD movie.
½ May 28, 2017
By some miracle this film achieves the 'so bad it's good' category. This film is ridiculous in all areas yet there is something genuinely enjoyable about it.
May 27, 2017
The greatest horror film of all time
May 21, 2017
I've seen enough to know that this movie just sucks balls. The first movie was amazing with Jim Carrey, it was plain funny, and the slapstick was hysterical. This movie was just a disgrace to The Mask fans, with unfunny jokes and overused slapstick. 0/5.
½ May 18, 2017
I've only seen parts of it, but I've seen enough to know it's a piece of crap.
½ May 5, 2017
This may very well be THE WORST sequel ever made. Not just comparatively, but objectively. It's unfunny, grotesque, and devoid of imagination.
May 2, 2017
Son of the mask was just ok
½ April 22, 2017
I literally want to kill myself
½ April 21, 2017
I think this movie was made to test my sanity.