Son of the Pink Panther - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Son of the Pink Panther Reviews

½ July 23, 2016
An adequate last entry but nothing too good. Some nice comedic set pieces.
½ September 24, 2015
I really don't care what anybody else thinks. My lady and I saw it theatrically and we just loved it. So there! =)
March 4, 2015
No wonder Roberto Benigni was called the worst rising star of 1993. What was set in motion in that very year, is a film, that should have never been made.

For Edwards and others, this was an attempt to run the bank. All he had to do is to brand this film as a 'Panther' and set the production on auto-pilot(go ahead,just pull the heart out of it...). Perhaps if he cared for the movie a little, it could have been something more. Instead what we get is a collection of lame gags executed by a mis-cast Italian star. Some of the scenes are so brief, thus completely deprived of any meaning.

Expect tired, watered-down iterations of material done better by Sellers. Direction and production makes this film look like 1983.
July 26, 2014
An Arabian princess (Debrah Farentino) is kidnapped, and it's up to Chief Inspector Dreyfus (Herbert Lom) to save her. Fortunately, there's no Clouseau around to plague him this time! But when a klutzy local cop with the unfortunate name of Jacques (Roberto Benigni) is assigned to help him, he manages to run Dreyfus over and blow him up - all on his first day on the job. Soon Dreyfus begins to fear that if Clouseau has a long lost son, he would be a lot like this!

also start Burt Kwouk, Claudia Cardinale, Jennifer Edwards, Robert Davi, Anton Rodgers and Graham Stark.

directed by Blake Edwards.
½ May 18, 2014
The son of the pink panther is not funny, not good, and just plain stupid. the jokes are outdated and the cast stinks.
May 11, 2014
A wonderful film. This is not Peter Sellers, and if the film had been made as a one off, it would have not been slated by the critics, who know nothing.
½ April 22, 2014
Nothing is to be said about this movie, except for the fact that it is the purest of trash, and that this travesty should never have been made.
December 28, 2013
Blake Edwards' final directorial effort in the Pink Panther saga does not prove that it was ever worth continuint after the death of Peter Sellers; it is not only the lack of his person on screen, but also the lack of inspiration that his presence must have brought in the production of the film that is severely lacking. Benigni cannot be blamed for a film that was destined to be terrible before production had ever started.
½ December 9, 2013
How often does a "Son of" movie actually live up to its parental figure?
½ July 29, 2013
Terrible. RIP Peter Sellers.
May 18, 2013
[coughs] Sucked. Comedies are supposed to make you laugh. I did once. 2 seconds don't a movie make. skip this.
½ March 9, 2013
Blake, what the hell happened? You used to deliver such great comedies, and you end your directing career with this god-awful movie? Such a shame!!!
½ December 23, 2012
the title is kinda confusing :-\ wasn't the Pink Panther the thief..stone..? :-/ eh, s'ok
November 13, 2012
Benigni is surely no Peter Sellers. Not even close.
October 29, 2012
Une veritable catastrophe dans la lignee de la saga terrible, malgre HERBERT LOM et BURT KWOUK. ROBERTO BENIGNI est horriblement horripilant, la realisation est aux abonnes absents, les gags execrables et le scenario lamentable. Nul et non avenu.
½ March 28, 2012
Blake Edwards ends his Pink Panther series, and his career, with "Son of the Pink Panther. While Benigni is better than both Alan Arkin and Ted Wass in the lead role...he is still no Sellers. He appears as the illegitimate son of Clouseau and Maria Gambrelli from "A Shot in the Dark". I would put this film above Trail and Curse for sure, but it is still the series had just worn itself out entirely after Sellers passed away. Unfortunately I don't think Edwards could let a decade go by without a Panther film (sadly the studios couldn't seem to either). Not really worth recommending, unless you are a huge fan of Benigni or the Pink Panther series.
February 10, 2012
To think the half-assed son of Inspector Closseau would be as terrible an idea as it was to pitch.
July 2, 2011
Nobody can imitate Sellers, no matter how hard they try, and that's why this movie isn't going to work.
June 6, 2011
Not the best but it has its momets. Maybe I only say this because Im a huge Panther fan.