Song of Hiawatha - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Song of Hiawatha Reviews

January 31, 2016
Rather different from the poem, but impressive cast except for the lead character. Litefoot may be a good rapper, but he's a lousy actor, and that is a major flaw in a movie. I did like that the cast to portray the Native Americans was composed of all Native Americans.
November 22, 2011
Vern Harper is in this movie, and he is my boyfriends uncle. Fascinating man, a Cree elder.
½ April 19, 2010
Beautiful scenery - some so-so acting
November 5, 2008
Five stars from Onyx.
½ April 28, 2007
Lite Foot does wonderful job as Hiawatha and Adam Beach is amusing as Chibiabos. Both show that they are capable of far more than this legend, however, it should not be taken lightly. This film was beautiful and carefully filmed. None of it appears childish, as one might think upon stumbling over it during regular daytime TV. Rather, it is humbling tale of suffering and searching for the salvation of the Indian Nation. It is well acted and well outfitted. I was troubled at first by use of so many differing Indians from so many tribes; this would only occur to someone who can trace tribal characteristics. It's heck of a lot better than allowing Whites to play Indians. In fact, it's so chock-a-block full of talented people that you can't tear your eyes from it. I was at first a little troubled by the lack of woodland costuming, but this would have been expensive and time-consuming to create. Woodland Flower beading and designs are intricate and lovely, but they were not missed after few minutes of viewing. The splendid acting grabs a hold of you. I enjoyed it immensely.