Soom (Breath) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Soom (Breath) Reviews

November 24, 2016
With this tender and sensitive film that ought to be felt and experienced, Kim Ki-Duk explores again many of the narrative elements that are also present in his previous films and which he is so fascinated about, such as love, silence, loneliness and the passage of time.
½ June 15, 2016
Not the best film for Korean cinema virgins, but for the initiated it's a beauty.
March 7, 2013
It's just not my kind of movie.
February 23, 2013
She just wanted to experience the feeling she had at 9. The love making scene where she holds his nose she's breathing through him. Im not good with metaphors but I think in that moment she breathed some good into him. She also released her old self in that moment she decided to make things work with her husband.
February 6, 2013
pretty basic but i liked it
½ December 5, 2012
Anothe masterwork by Kim Ki-duk, The story is strange but like his other films Soom is filled with magical ideas & impressive moments
November 17, 2012
Simply said: really strange story. I've previously seen three of this directors movies and this wasn't nearly as depressing and distressing as Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring. Did I miss some line or scene because I didn't really get the point in here through all this silence and loneliness like perhaps the prison guard watching them from the screen or the convict and the woman knew each other or are link to each other from the past?
½ July 15, 2012
Its another head-scratcher from Kim Ki-duk. When a housewife discovers her husband's unfaithfulness, she begins an affair with a death row inmate. Full of imagery and subtlety, its not one of Kim's better movies but it has its moments near the end.
March 20, 2012
i wish i could stop watching Ki-duk Kim's
½ December 14, 2011
Music is ever present or absent in Kim Gi Deok's work and this one is no exception. A silent character and lots of symbolism are at rendez-vous. The only downfall : scenes changed too quickly (especially in the first 2/3).
I think it would have been much more poignant had the actors payed more attention to details.

Somehow, his silent characters always move me the most.
October 26, 2011
Drama about a housewife not loved by her husband settingh of to a prison to decorate for a famous prisoner who has many atempts at suicide. a odd tale at times, and sometimes not saying very much. but enough moments to keep it ticking along.
July 4, 2011
There's no doubt that Kim Ki-Duk is a gifted filmmaker, but I found this one terribly pointless.
March 3, 2011
Een obscure van meesterzwijger Kim-Ki Duk.
March 1, 2011
Viele Jahre sind vergangen und Kim-Ki Duk macht immer und immer wieder den selben Film. Manchmal gelingt es ihm gut, manchmal weniger. Diesmal hat er mir ganz gut gefallen.
3/5
February 20, 2011
a little uneven. I expected more from Kim Ki-duk.
February 19, 2011
I have loved every movie I have seen of KimKi-Duk, and this one is no exception.. Superbly crafted...
½ February 4, 2011
Another Kim ki-duk movie. So if you like dramatic stories that have very few words and let you interpret a whole lot, this is for you. Otherwise, this won't be your cup of tea at all.
½ August 10, 2010
No me pareció tan descabellada a como la ponía cierta crítica, freaky pero con algo de lógica y un toque de ternura si se analiza a profundidad.
Muy buena actuación de los coreanos.
June 14, 2010
Kim Ki Duk es el rey de la escena descriptiva pero también roza lo surrealista.
May 28, 2010
Kim ki Duk
07 CANNES
07 FLMOCT
Another masterpiece form Kim ki duk . Best of bests as theme for me. Fear of death. Lovely film