Soom (Breath) Reviews

• Jun 13, 2018

Was a surfing film not a Korean prison drama... otherwise good

Was a surfing film not a Korean prison drama... otherwise good

• Mar 07, 2013

It's just not my kind of movie.

It's just not my kind of movie.

• Feb 23, 2013

She just wanted to experience the feeling she had at 9. The love making scene where she holds his nose she's breathing through him. Im not good with metaphors but I think in that moment she breathed some good into him. She also released her old self in that moment she decided to make things work with her husband.

• Dec 05, 2012

Anothe masterwork by Kim Ki-duk, The story is strange but like his other films Soom is filled with magical ideas & impressive moments

• Mar 20, 2012

i wish i could stop watching Ki-duk Kim's

i wish i could stop watching Ki-duk Kim's

• Dec 14, 2011

Music is ever present or absent in Kim Gi Deok's work and this one is no exception. A silent character and lots of symbolism are at rendez-vous. The only downfall : scenes changed too quickly (especially in the first 2/3). I think it would have been much more poignant had the actors payed more attention to details. Somehow, his silent characters always move me the most.

• scott g Super Reviewer
    Oct 26, 2011

Drama about a housewife not loved by her husband settingh of to a prison to decorate for a famous prisoner who has many atempts at suicide. a odd tale at times, and sometimes not saying very much. but enough moments to keep it ticking along.

• Jul 04, 2011

There's no doubt that Kim Ki-Duk is a gifted filmmaker, but I found this one terribly pointless.

• Mar 03, 2011

Een obscure van meesterzwijger Kim-Ki Duk.

Een obscure van meesterzwijger Kim-Ki Duk.

• Mar 01, 2011

Viele Jahre sind vergangen und Kim-Ki Duk macht immer und immer wieder den selben Film. Manchmal gelingt es ihm gut, manchmal weniger. Diesmal hat er mir ganz gut gefallen. 3/5