Sophie Scholl: The Final Days Reviews

• May 07, 2018

Filled with dialogues and it seems to me that the whole movie just doesn't have a good purpose.

• Feb 09, 2017

Powerful story, well told

Powerful story, well told

• Oct 28, 2016

Though this is my kind of genre and subject matter I honestly thought Das Boot would be the last time I would sit through a movie with subtitles. Moving, disturbing and almost sentimental without ever being mushy. Sad that because its a foreign language film, so many people will pass this by.

• Oct 18, 2016

Inspirational. Truly. The White Rose's contribution can never be forgotten. But Andre Hennickes performance as Roland Freiser is brilliant, exactly like the monster shown in the historic war videos. A monster and an embarrassment not only as a lawyer but a subhuman with no conscience and the futility of the era. Hans Scholls alluring quote : " You may hang us today, but you'll be hanged tommorow". Its still valid in this era. Robert Mohr is shown in unimpressive light. But one can still feel the presence of the repressed humanity in him deep down, unlike the murderer Freiser. This film is more about the filth in the third reich than the bravery of the white rose unlike previous adaptations.

• Sep 05, 2016

An incredible story of courage--deeply redemptive.

An incredible story of courage--deeply redemptive.

• Mar 08, 2016

This is a WOW movie..A must watch .

This is a WOW movie..A must watch .

• Feb 10, 2016

Vaya peliculón he visto por casualidad esta tarde. Vaya historia la de esta chica... Reconozco que conocía la historia de La Rosa Blanca sólo de oídas. Vaya valor que le echaron ella y sus compañeros, no me extraña que esté en el "Walhalla" de alemanes ilustres, es lo menos que se merece. 21 años... Que horror de guerra y de régimen.

• Sep 29, 2015

I love WWII movies. It fascinates me how people could be so blind to what was happening. And this movie did the same thing. Did not expect it all to take place in basically the same house for 2 hours but it was not bad. Tho it's not my favorite movie from that kind of genre.

• Christian C Super Reviewer
    Jun 25, 2015

"Sophie Scholl" is a fine German film. Although it is focused on the hunt for, trial and execution of "White Rose" members in Nazi Germany, it is not so much about heroic opposition to Nazism, per se. The film is really about the loss of civil rights for ordinary (non-Jewish) German citizens, an eviscerated rule of law, and the general disintegration of the judicial system in Nazi Germany. This film is a real eye-opener and it is chilling to know much of the story was taken from actual transcripts. Cinematography, sets/locations, costumes and direction are all good. Sound editing was not impressive. Acting was very good. This film is definitely worth seeing.

• Jun 17, 2015

Well and truly spoiled by the title, as well as more than a little heavy-handed in parts (the frequent shots of the protagonist staring wistfully at tiny windows towards a freedom she'll never see again get a bit much, as does the lengthy exposition on differing political viewpoints). Nonetheless, a strong and at times very powerful telling of an aspect of the Nazi era that's little discussed and deserves to be more widely considered.