The Sorcerer's Apprentice - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Sorcerer's Apprentice Reviews

½ March 3, 2016
It's cool seeing Nicolas Cage as a wizard, considering that Nicolas Cage and wizards are awesome. I didn't like the script all that much, though.
½ February 6, 2016
The Sorcerer's Apprentice is a half-baked movie. It rushes from plot point to plot point without letting anything soak in, really, and they seem to be making up rules as they go along. Jay Baruchel is entertaining enough, but Nicholas Cage just feels out of place. There are some fun visual effects, though. I think this movie would have benefited from a couple more drafts of the screenplay.
January 28, 2016
book was good. movie is cheesy as hell
½ January 10, 2016
I don't get all the hate for this movie. It's a fun watch if you are realistic about what it's supposed to be going into it. It's a Disney film based on a Disney classic. The effects are great, the cast is great, the pace is good with a few clever parts. Overall it's a light, fun time. The recreation of the classic mop scene was fun. I don't like Nick Cage at all and I enjoyed him in this; that says a lot. Theresa Palmer is fantastic as a active love interest/supporting cast member.

Overall it's an enjoyable family fun movie that the adults and kids should enjoy alike.
January 4, 2016
I liked it because it was well done, clean, free from foul language and vulgarity. Too bad it didn't do better. I'd see more of these type of movies
December 19, 2015
Somewhat fun movie with a decent performance from Nic Cage and good special effects.
November 21, 2015
A fresh movie played from an old and classic tale. A movie that you need to relax your mind and let go to really enjoy.
October 19, 2015
love the theme,well made
September 2, 2015
it maybe not like the mickey mouse short back in 1940 but it still a very entertaining film to watch.
½ August 31, 2015
A very weak, sloppy movie with arbitrary mythology and physics. And never has there been a more miscast actor than Jay Baruchel in this film. Spent most of the film doing a bad Nic Cage impersonation to pass the time.
August 29, 2015
I actually really enjoyed this movie. It was simple, and fun. Sure it was campy, but I expected that when coming in. I can't fault a movie for delivering exactly what it promised.
August 1, 2015
I like some fantasy and science fiction come together where both magic and science show us something amazing
½ July 27, 2015
Oh Nicolas, how I love it when one of your movies is great, and that's exactly what this is, GREAT. It's Disney and it's Jerry Bruckheimer, of course it's good. Jay Baruchel as the sidekick works, he's funny and plays off Cage's character very well. Some of the special effects in this are great as well, especially backwards land, check this out if you get a chance.
February 2, 2015
I really liked it. The story moved at a fast pace and had a good sense of humor. The special effects were very well done and the characters were funny.
January 24, 2015
Tiene buen ritmo no cansa.
January 23, 2015
Tiene buen ritmo y no cansa.
½ December 21, 2014
Another movie says if you use the brain more than 10% lots of things can be done. The movie is fun but lack a lot of things. Some spectacular animated scenes made it very cool.
December 12, 2014
Disney's live-action adaptation of their own classic "Fantasia" segment comes an extended storyline for this good feature-length film with good visual effects, and starring a nice cast consisting Cage from "National Treasure" and Baruchel from "Dragons." (B+)

(Full review coming soon - with better wording probably)
½ December 10, 2014
Good exciting Disney film--loved the brooms scene-a parody on the Fantasia short with Mickey Mouse!
December 6, 2014
Ein guter Fantasy Streifen mit gut aufgelegten Schauspielern! Leider wird dieser Plot viel zu schnell runter gespult. Man hätte es auch noch spannender machen können. Aber dann wäre es kein Familienfilm von Disney mehr gewesen. Gute Effekte und gute Musik! Das Drehbuch ist zu seicht und vorhersehbar. Mit dieser Geschichte und dem Ensemble hätte man mehr daraus machen können!