The Sorcerer's Apprentice - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Sorcerer's Apprentice Reviews

August 1, 2015
I like some fantasy and science fiction come together where both magic and science show us something amazing
½ July 27, 2015
Oh Nicolas, how I love it when one of your movies is great, and that's exactly what this is, GREAT. It's Disney and it's Jerry Bruckheimer, of course it's good. Jay Baruchel as the sidekick works, he's funny and plays off Cage's character very well. Some of the special effects in this are great as well, especially backwards land, check this out if you get a chance.
May 25, 2015
One of my favorite movies about magic! Most characters had a sense of humor; Drake Stone (Toby Kebbell) for instance: "These are not the droids you're looking for". I always laugh at the part when Horvath says, "Oh for heaven's sake" while trapped in the bathroom mirror. Car chase scene was pretty exciting!
February 2, 2015
I really liked it. The story moved at a fast pace and had a good sense of humor. The special effects were very well done and the characters were funny.
January 24, 2015
Tiene buen ritmo no cansa.
January 23, 2015
Tiene buen ritmo y no cansa.
½ December 21, 2014
Another movie says if you use the brain more than 10% lots of things can be done. The movie is fun but lack a lot of things. Some spectacular animated scenes made it very cool.
December 12, 2014
Disney's live-action adaptation of their own classic "Fantasia" segment comes an extended storyline for this good feature-length film with good visual effects, and starring a nice cast consisting Cage from "National Treasure" and Baruchel from "Dragons." (B+)

(Full review coming soon - with better wording probably)
½ December 10, 2014
Good exciting Disney film--loved the brooms scene-a parody on the Fantasia short with Mickey Mouse!
December 6, 2014
Ein guter Fantasy Streifen mit gut aufgelegten Schauspielern! Leider wird dieser Plot viel zu schnell runter gespult. Man hätte es auch noch spannender machen können. Aber dann wäre es kein Familienfilm von Disney mehr gewesen. Gute Effekte und gute Musik! Das Drehbuch ist zu seicht und vorhersehbar. Mit dieser Geschichte und dem Ensemble hätte man mehr daraus machen können!
November 7, 2014
Well acted, original and interesting story, but very predictable narrative.
November 7, 2014
Well acted, original and interesting story, but very predictable narrative.
½ November 7, 2014
The film relies heavily on visual effects which are intriguing, but that isn't enough to fill the gap of the poor script that makes the film a bit dull and lacking thrills.
½ October 26, 2014
Ok movie but not a lot of Nicholas cage. Their should be more cage than burchill. I love the dragon ring. Great jerry burchmaur movie.
½ October 25, 2014
Fun movie. Pretty good CGI and action. Dialogue leaves a lot to be desired. Worth a watch.

Grade = 5.5/10
October 25, 2014
The Sorcerer's Apprentice is very cliched, but it still manages to entertain with a great cast and amazing effects that boast a lot of fun.
October 24, 2014
I think this it's going to be a really good movie but I haven't seen it yet so I'm really excited â?-ï¸?ð'?ð~
October 5, 2014
While it is mildly entertaining, I feel this movie had a rather weak script, the very definition of a predictable plot, and just fails at feeling convincing, instead coming off as rather overblown filmmaking. Not quite a bad movie, but you're not missing out on much by not seeing it, trust me.
September 28, 2014
Warning:
Misogyny

Ugh. Cage is a secondary character, to some tween. They clearly has a decent graphics budget, but the acting is uniformly terrible, the plot is convoluted and whiney... Baruchel is just bad.
September 27, 2014
Definitely not Nicolas Cage's best film, but the good cast and CGI does make it an enjoyable film, as well as how the characters interact with one another.