The Sorcerer's Apprentice - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Sorcerer's Apprentice Reviews

½ June 4, 2016
Good to fight some afternoon boredom but definitely not impressive enough to rave about
½ May 12, 2016
While it may have it's moments where it truly shines, The Sorcerer's Apprentice is an overall forgettable and predictable affair that is at least worth watching only once.
April 21, 2016
Good effects, good story. I liked how they added a classic scene from the original cartoon to solidify the remake.
March 21, 2016
I don't know why people lowball this pic. It is a fun flick with a nostalgic Disney feel. The 'I'm a special kid' scenario ą la Flight of the Navigator or Harry Potter is one that we will never outgrow. It speaks to the inner kid in all of us that wants to be the hero, if only we had the chance. Don't analyze this one. Sit back and enjoy the fun.
March 12, 2016
Has a good premise and Nic Cage is enjoyable, but falls flat
½ March 3, 2016
It's cool seeing Nicolas Cage as a wizard, considering that Nicolas Cage and wizards are awesome. I didn't like the script all that much, though.
½ February 6, 2016
The Sorcerer's Apprentice is a half-baked movie. It rushes from plot point to plot point without letting anything soak in, really, and they seem to be making up rules as they go along. Jay Baruchel is entertaining enough, but Nicholas Cage just feels out of place. There are some fun visual effects, though. I think this movie would have benefited from a couple more drafts of the screenplay.
January 28, 2016
book was good. movie is cheesy as hell
½ January 10, 2016
I don't get all the hate for this movie. It's a fun watch if you are realistic about what it's supposed to be going into it. It's a Disney film based on a Disney classic. The effects are great, the cast is great, the pace is good with a few clever parts. Overall it's a light, fun time. The recreation of the classic mop scene was fun. I don't like Nick Cage at all and I enjoyed him in this; that says a lot. Theresa Palmer is fantastic as a active love interest/supporting cast member.

Overall it's an enjoyable family fun movie that the adults and kids should enjoy alike.
January 4, 2016
I liked it because it was well done, clean, free from foul language and vulgarity. Too bad it didn't do better. I'd see more of these type of movies
December 19, 2015
Somewhat fun movie with a decent performance from Nic Cage and good special effects.
November 21, 2015
A fresh movie played from an old and classic tale. A movie that you need to relax your mind and let go to really enjoy.
October 19, 2015
love the theme,well made
September 2, 2015
it maybe not like the mickey mouse short back in 1940 but it still a very entertaining film to watch.
½ August 31, 2015
A very weak, sloppy movie with arbitrary mythology and physics. And never has there been a more miscast actor than Jay Baruchel in this film. Spent most of the film doing a bad Nic Cage impersonation to pass the time.
August 29, 2015
I actually really enjoyed this movie. It was simple, and fun. Sure it was campy, but I expected that when coming in. I can't fault a movie for delivering exactly what it promised.
August 1, 2015
I like some fantasy and science fiction come together where both magic and science show us something amazing
½ July 27, 2015
Oh Nicolas, how I love it when one of your movies is great, and that's exactly what this is, GREAT. It's Disney and it's Jerry Bruckheimer, of course it's good. Jay Baruchel as the sidekick works, he's funny and plays off Cage's character very well. Some of the special effects in this are great as well, especially backwards land, check this out if you get a chance.
February 2, 2015
I really liked it. The story moved at a fast pace and had a good sense of humor. The special effects were very well done and the characters were funny.
January 24, 2015
Tiene buen ritmo no cansa.