Sordid Lives - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sordid Lives Reviews

June 3, 2015
I. Loved. This. Movie. It gets off to a slow start, but once it gets going, it alternates between hilarious and touching. In this movie, everyone is flawed, but everyone has good qualities too.
November 15, 2014
At some levels this may seem to be a stupid comedy about rednecks but it is anything but. From being hilariously funny to being very heart felt and touching on so many levels it is a gem. The only parts I didn't like were the religious parts but overall the openness about sexuality, accepting people as they are whether they be cross dressers, nymphomaniacs, gay, adulterous or uptight and prudish gave this movie a message we should all take to heart. The part where some of the women have just watched Thelma and Louise and come dressed up in wigs and carrying guns to get revenge on some of the men is pure comic genius.
½ May 8, 2014
Slow going but well developed and ultimately satisfying . . .
November 17, 2013
Campy and fun and so gay. Always a hoot...rent it and enjoy!
September 5, 2013
It's trashy. It's bawdy. And if you're from the South, you will say, "I know those people." Ok, it's a train-wreck but it's a funny train wreck and a guilty pleasure to watch, quote and dish.
June 25, 2013
Funny at times, but DRY humor.
½ June 1, 2013
Mad as ****!
Great one liners and cast
November 24, 2012
As three generations of a family in a small Texas town gather for a funeral, we learn the hilarious, sad, trashy truth of the "Sordid Lives.
November 18, 2012
What an irreverent hoot! This is the movie Olivia mentioned at her concert a couple of weeks ago. Wish I had seen it before the concert. Sordid plays like a stage show and is available on Netflix. Rated R!!!
October 9, 2012
Chock full of hilarious one-liners, and memorable performances from Olivia Newton John, Leslie Jordan, Beth Grant, Bonnie Bedelia, Delta Burke and Beau Bridges, this film is an instant gay cult classic. Del Shores brings the seedy life of Texas trailer park mavens to life. If you don't get it, then you probably weren't meant to.
May 25, 2012
What a HOOT of a disfunctional family! Olivia Newton John sings us lullabys throughout to sooth our troubled souls. ha. LOVED the make up! :)

My Favorite character in this movie was Leslie Jordan aka "BROTHER BOY"..he does a mean Tammy Wynette! Its HILARIOUS!
May 19, 2012
One of my all time favorites.
May 13, 2012
Amazing very funny I laughed so hard I was crying a must see movie
April 12, 2012
this movie is hilarious indeed... a must see to watch indeed
April 10, 2012
excellent film adapted from del shores wonderful play
January 13, 2012
Ús olivia ny˙tondzson Únekel!
December 3, 2011
Wacky Texas trailer trash comedy in no better taste than the lives of the subjects. Nice break from the politically correct and redeeming.
November 22, 2011
Delta Burke is a hotty!!
Loved the play so much I had to get it. Del Shores is a brilliant man!
June 28, 2011
One of my all time favorites! Still makes me laugh!
February 12, 2011