Sorority House Massacre - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sorority House Massacre Reviews

June 15, 2012
Low budget, low quality
February 1, 2012
Kinda like Slumber Party Massacre rip off but I had fun anyway.
½ January 16, 2012
Sorority house is stalked by escaped lunatic from the State Mental ward. Best scenes are Theta Omega Theta sisters eating Melanie's ice cream and raiding snobby Cindy's wardrobe while she is away. No pillow fights in this sorority.
Keiko A. --Samurai--
½ August 5, 2011
Another Roger Corman produced slasher flick?! Yes indeed and it's just a Carbon copy of Halloween with more gore and sex really.....Possibly just made for markets here in Japan.

Still i love Corman and the crap he made but this is just terrible and slow and boring but the gore was cool and the poster is creepy.

Bad acting and direction and no doubt a very low budget film.
October 25, 2010
The scariest things about this movie are the hairstyles and the outfits.
June 15, 2010
A brother is institutionalized after killing his family, only to return years later to finish off his remaining sister--her name is Laura, by the way; kind of sounds like Laurie, doesn't it? As in Laurie Strode. Give me a break. The killer even drives a station wagon, just like Mikey did. And there's plenty more "convenient similarities" where that came from. It's yet another low-budget, blatant rip-off of 'HALLOWEEN'. Sure, it's one of the better ones, but that's not exactly saying much.
February 20, 2010
while it was in no way shocking when it came to who done it or why (It was explained right at the beginning) it was still a good, enjoyable example of an 80's horror flick.
½ January 5, 2010
This is not the worst slasher I've seen but it's really predictable and typical.
October 15, 2009
The only thing that was really massacred here was a lot of celluloid that could have been used for good MOVIE.
October 8, 2009
Doh! I watched this?
½ July 19, 2009
I'd read a lot of harsh reviews of this one before I sat down to watch it, but of all the criticisms, the only one that I felt really applied was the lack of gore. Apart from that, I liked a lot of things about this one. The thick layers of mid eighties cheese for one thing, as well as the utterly generic plot gave me a warm, comforting been there, done that but just keep coming back for more feeling. I found the dream sequences kinda fun and intriguing, even though they had a lot of unused potential. The acting was pear for this sort of movie, ie. not great, but fortunately not grating. Plus there was a little bit of mindless nudity, which did make me briefly grin. What elevated this film above being wholly ordinary for me though were the frequent moments of suspense, and cool, if never very bloody killings. The lack of much blood annoyed me, as gore was clearly a necessary part of the film that just seemed to have been left out, but even without it, the killer set about his business with an almost Michael Myers verve and dedication, which meant for some good excitement, especially towards the end. That about sums it up, as far as I can remember. Definitely recommended, mostly to eighties slasher fans who don't mind there being not very much gore.
May 28, 2009
Low budget, low quality
½ May 15, 2009
Earnest hack-'em-up; better than average.
April 26, 2009
Well, the self-absorbed princesses had it coming...
March 29, 2009
When Beth goes to a sorority house for a fun weekend she has nightmares about a killer trying to kill her but when her dreams become a real it's up to her and the sorority sisters to fight for their lives.
March 22, 2009
This is one of my FAVOURITE 80s slashers! its so iconic because of the infamous MASSACRE COLLECTION and i love all the characters and the settings is great! slasher films and sororities go great together! BEST FILM EVER!
½ February 20, 2009
80's slasher flick borrows liberally from Halloween in terms of plot points and suspense techniques, but still throws in enough clever moments of its own to provide a decent hour and a half diversion. Don't expect many surprises, though; ultimately this one is very predictable.
December 12, 2008
no thanks not my kinda thing
½ December 8, 2008
Yet another slasher film about a killer who escapes from a mental institution. This escapee goes on a killing spree at a sorortiy house but not before the girls try on all of Cindy's clothes while she is away.
December 6, 2008
This is one of my many favorite movies was directed and written very well.