Sorority House Massacre Reviews

• 8h ago

Not even enough plot for a trailer.

Not even enough plot for a trailer.

• May 25, 2019

Quite a solid slasher of the times.

Quite a solid slasher of the times.

• Apr 06, 2015

Passable, actually has some good stuff going on, similar to Halloween but different enough, first off the killer doesn't wear a mask....

• Mar 17, 2015

While I don't really expect much from a movie like this, it would be nice if it were put together in a minimally competent matter. Basic continuity fails multiple times ... in fact, a main character just disappears at some point. The basic set up is stolen from "Slumber Party Massacre" and large parts of the plot are borrowed from the "Halloween" sequels. You'd be better off watching any of those films ... okay, maybe not "Halloween 5".

• Brody M Super Reviewer
    Jan 04, 2015

As a lot of reviewers have already said, This movie is almost the same as Halloween with a little bit of Nightmare On Elm Street so there goes half my review right there.I enjoyed this movie more than Halloween but I've never been a fan of Halloween anyways.This isn't a movie I'd watch again anytime soon or add to my movie collection but I did enjoy watching it.It's actually not a bad movie if you're looking for an 80's horror flick to watch

• Oct 17, 2014

While this is a low budget, somewhat amateurish film it nonetheless has several qualities that make it worth watching for those who appreciate a good horror movie. The plot is pretty standard - there's a maniac who escapes from a mental institution, outruns his doctors and a pursuing detective, and heads straight for the sorority which is haunted by a gruesome crime committed there in the past. I did appreciate the slow, suspenseful build up, which was paced fantastically for such a short movie. Also good, the way the heroine's past and her nightmares slowly fuse just at the point when the night of terror begins so she realizes what happened to her and what's going to happen to her just as the tension explodes in bloody violence. The particular charms of the sorority setting aren't overlooked either, but the acting and the chit chat of catty, superficial girls are subpar. Overall a good thought not great slasher movie.

• Sep 11, 2014

A Halloween/Michael Meyers "wanna-be". It even looks like it was released in 1978. It was released almost 10 years later in 1987, so you would think there would be some cinematic upgrades, but no. Terrible acting to go along with terrible terror.

• Sep 01, 2014

The most offensive thing I find about Sorority House Massacre is the idea that director and writer Carol Frank believe the audiences are jack****s or maybe she is a complete jack***.The film is atrociously made with any devoid of excitement or suspense. Granted she may have wanted to avoid making this film, but at least she could have put an effort to it. I could have made a better film with a bit of originality in since this film pretty much suckles Halloween (1978). It's so predictable and the characters are super dull. I was really annoyed by the possibilities the film could have taken, but instead Frank just puts us back into the same old place. Angela O'Neil and killer are excruciatingly terrible it's almost a competition. The inner logic makes no sense and the killer's motive are not even interesting. I watched a film called Twitch of the Death Nerve and despite the fact it was dated, it was at least exciting to watch because of the music, kills, and the twist when the killer is revealed and why.Luckily, Sorority House Massacre II would be a huge improvement over this trash by upping the sleaziness and taking a turn to the bizarre.

• Aug 14, 2014

It's a Halloween ripoff but still has some charm to it

It's a Halloween ripoff but still has some charm to it

• Jul 22, 2014

Instead of simply being a low rent "Halloween" this slasher pleasantly surprises!