Sorry, Haters - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sorry, Haters Reviews

½ February 28, 2009
I've never seen anything like this. ANYTHING. And I've seen a freaking lot of films. It isn't really.. Enjoyable. It isn't particularly disturbing either.. But it's riveting. The ending is not particularly surprising... but it's certainly unique. It isn't particularly well filmed, and the presentation is quite budget, even for an indy flick these days; but it looks great and the visuals certainly grab you. Take a look if you're looking for something different.

SPOILER ALERT: So upon reading the description of this film, I thought it was going to be a film about a legal battle to get back this guy's brother who had been rendered to Syria; I assumed, the tv exec would get the guy on her show and use public opinion to exert pressure on some sort of legal proceedings to get the guy released. Holy shit, did I assume wrong. It's basically, a less-gory American Psycho, but think DHS instead of Wall Street. Okay, no; not at all, I'm exaggerating. But the story, is really (okay, serious spoiler coming; avert your eyes if you don't want to completely ruin the film...) about a truly psychotic and emotionally disturbed woman's quest for self-validation.
February 9, 2009
I definitely underestimated it initially. At first, I thought it was just another trite character piece of some sort where the characters weren't even all that likable and there was going to be some preachy morality twist at the end. Over the course of an hour and a half though, each time the movie seems to have plateaued, it jumps again and the last couple are worth sitting through the slow start.
½ February 7, 2009
Disturbing and fantastic. Robin Wright is AWESOME - her character's layers and complexity are continuously revealed, but also never completely uncovered or understood.
January 29, 2009
I am not sure what to say about this movie - just give it a try - if only for the ending....
January 23, 2009
I thought this would be a movie having something to do with "good' and/or "compassion" because of its title, but it's one of my most-dispised films ever. Junk.
January 21, 2009
What a mental mind-fuck! This movie is smart and different, and baffling. Abdel Kechiche is wonderful in this film, as is Robin Wright Penn playing a woman who's seriously fucked in the head.
½ November 18, 2008
WATCH THIS MOVIE PLEASE SHE IS A PHYSCO NEVER TAKE A CAB WITH HER.
October 2, 2008
Low budget but very effective. This is one of those films I overlooked a few flaws for the overall sake of the film. Ashade and Phoebe work wonders on the screen. The movie did slip a little late after there was a little twist but the ending made up for it.
A definite diamond in the rough. Defintely for those who might have a screw loose and like watching films that mess with your head some....
½ September 27, 2008
Points for low budget, was quite possibly filmed in digital, Robin Wright Penn was convincingly extremely awkward. A compelling twist on "terrorism" to be sure.
September 21, 2008
disturbing...from princess bride to sorry, haters - thought robin did well playing a crazy lady. very disturbing. one of those movies where you can't get up right away cuz it leaves you feeling like, what the f*?
½ September 20, 2008
An intresting and very disturbing movie. It left me pretty down and out. The acting was average however it definitly keept you guessing and had many turns and twists. The ending was uh to say the least scaring. I would suggest missing unless your in a massacistic mood.
August 30, 2008
And what an ending! :D u try to get deep during the whole movie, with all the woman's phsyological issues, and then it gets ruined with a funny ending.. didn t get the point?!?!
½ August 13, 2008
Painful to watch, but I mean that in the good sense. Kept my rapt attention from start to finish, wondering where it was going, and occasionally, why it was going there.
½ July 23, 2008
It was a pretty good movie. About a Syrian cab driver, that takes a fare and the cab patron tries to help the cab driver, with immigration papers for his brother and the events that come out of it. It was pretty good and I would recommend it; to see once.
½ July 22, 2008
Strong Sorry, Haters is the stories about self identity, revenge, retribution with political and social tones set in New York.

Directed by Jeff Stanzler, Sorry, Haters is psychological trailer post 9/11 issues.
Intriguing movie. I love the idea.
July 21, 2008
RWP is kinda scary in this. Guess that's why she's the great actress that she is.
½ July 19, 2008
½ July 19, 2008
Wow! Clearly the most unpredictable ending to a movie that I've ever seen. My jaw was hanging wide open. It made me sick to my stomach and strangely amazed. Robin Wright Penn played this role superbly!
July 8, 2008
Clever take on the power of depression and deep loss. Acting is top notch from both the main characters and the at times overly simple camera work adds to our own sense of paranoia. Missing some on plot consistency and character development, but still an interesting watch.
½ June 12, 2008
i love the actress Robin Wright Penn but her character in this movie is so miserable... i dont know if i liked it... a bit depressing