Sound and Fury - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sound and Fury Reviews

March 20, 2008
An amazing and important film that made me emotionally involved
February 21, 2008
Brillante, inteligente y muy conmovedora. Me encantó.
January 15, 2008
Very thought-provoking documentary that for some reason really got my blood boiling. I don't even know anyone who's deaf but after watching this I got into a fiery argument with my mom over cochlear implants. But what concerned me more was how morbidly obese all the adults were. I mean, that's more of a handicap than deafness is in my opinion.
December 9, 2007
Deaf pride and distinct society versus the bionic ear. Fight!
October 30, 2007
Well-made film focusing on a deaf girl's desire to hear and her deaf parents who fear her deaf identity will be lost if allowed to have a cochular implant operation. Shows both sides of the debate with her deaf parents on one side, and her hearing grand-parents on the other.
October 27, 2007
very interesting, related the both families experiences. Well done documentary film
October 25, 2007
If you could make your deaf children hear, would you do it?
October 10, 2007
A movie about the deaf that just might shock you - but if you watch it with an open mind, you might "see" the world from a whole different perspective. Use a film like this to challenge your preconceived notions.
October 6, 2007
Really interesting topic and debate with fantastic views of both sides. The message of the film is totally applicable to many other aspects of human and cultural interaction.
September 15, 2007
What a beautifully made film. I have never known a deaf person before, I had no idea that someone could be happy being deaf and not want to take the opportunity available to hear. Very eye-opening. Higly recommended to fellow documentary lovers.
September 14, 2007
A difficult and engrossing debate. Once the film sets the audience up with some sense of understanding deaf culture, it's hard to stop watching the heated arguements.
½ July 31, 2007
Well done documentary - it chooses no side but rather lets the family tell the story. Two brothers with deaf children who make strong and decidingly different choices on whether to get their child a cochlear implant. Give them the opportunity to hear and speak as others do - or raise them in a deaf community - signing to communicate - and just being proud and okay with who they are. For me that is a no-brainer as I would want to give my child every opportunity in life & those opportunities would be easier had one would think if they could hear and speak - but this documentary brought to light for me the two sides to this argument.
July 31, 2007
The most thought-provoking film I've seen in a long time. Asks very difficult questions about being a parent and accepting, denying, or integrating cultures. At the end, what would you do?
July 1, 2007
A painful and extremely well-done documentary about Deaf children and the fight over cochlear implants. It's really uncomfortable to watch the family fight and it's tough to really agree with either side completely.
CloudIsAMonkey
June 24, 2007
Yeah that little kid looks like a real monster!
June 20, 2007
This movie is what got me interested in Deaf studies. I think it does a pretty good job of introducing the whole debate surrounding cochlear implants, as well as the idea that Deafness can be considered a culture to be appreciated rather than a disease/disability to be overcome.
½ June 17, 2007
Highly recommended, pretty dramatic stuff.
½ June 9, 2007
Balanced presentation of the ongoing debate.
May 30, 2007
yay! Maggie gave me her extra copy ;)
½ February 18, 2007