Sound It Out - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sound It Out Reviews

February 10, 2013
Affectionate compelling documentary on a dying breed.
½ January 6, 2013
real-life version of Nick Hornby's novel High Fidelity
6 1 2013
November 29, 2012
One of the best documentaries I have ever seen. If you ever spent a Saturday afternoon flicking trough a stack of records, this is for you.
October 21, 2012
Very powerful, I suppose as an ex record shop manager I would say that, wouldn't I? But this is a film about passion for more than just records.
May 7, 2012
The film is interesting for about ten minutes, and then it drones on and on. I have certainly seen better documentaries in my time. Of course there is a tinge of nostalgia seeing all the vinyl, and there is a touch of cultural class to the social side which shows where the Britts are at in the modern times, but to be honest there really wasn't much substance as far as artistic representation goes apart from the odd close up facials and the occasional inspired musical interludes - pretty run of the mill stuff... Basically, if you are hardcore vinyl junky this film will keep you watching, but if you are not a record shop freak, the film is just too long winded and lacks any kind of intellectual or artistic appeal... don't waste your time, give it a miss.