South from Granada (Al sur de Granada) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

South from Granada (Al sur de Granada) Reviews

½ June 15, 2014
Hot one. But I think Matthew Goode is too sweet for the role.
March 26, 2011
Had just finished watching and totally recommend it! Fernando Colomo managed to employ all grand stillness from Matthew Goode resulting in an interesting portray of an English writer at that time.
½ December 16, 2010
As a woman, I could not relate to this movie at all. I was stunned by the outdated chauvinistic and colonialist themes embedded in this terrible movie. Sadly, story has been done before - see Pocahontas, madam butterfly. Final scene where she introduces herself as the maid was the real kicker - could not help but be grossly offended. Pass on this one ...
August 25, 2010
It was Ok, but a little slow. If these story had been told in little episodes, I think I would have liked it better and sooner.
½ September 14, 2009
Beautiful film about how the magic of a place like Granada can change a man's life. Attractive locations, colorful scenaries and all that Spanish touch along the film make of it a really delightful experience to the eye.
½ July 12, 2009
Flojita, me la imaginaba mas divertida, pues estoy seguro que los sevillanos son divertidisimos. Se le podria sacar mas jugo a la historia, habra que leer el libro.
March 13, 2009
Me gustó mucho la relación chocante del escritor y los granaínos Alpujarreños,y como es la experiencia real de este señor pues más te gusta.
como esta Verónica Sánchez
January 15, 2009
wow! i love subtitles, so this was phenomenal movie time, with lovely lovemaking scenes...
January 15, 2009
un escritor ingles se pierde en uno de los sitios mas bellos que he visto, la sierra de la Alpujarra
½ January 15, 2009
It's an okay movie. It's quite funny in some parts, but it's also very weird and a little sad. And I've just got to say: that town is positively obsessed with sex...
October 4, 2008
In a beatifull place at the south of Granada, there is a Village on top of Sierra Nevada mountains called Alpujarras which is the highest city in Spain. Here happened this nice story about the life and loves of an English Writter. Very good caracthers specially Veronica Sanchez and Fantastic Angela Molina. The end of the film makes me wonder a lot of things about how life (as life of Veronica, Juliana in the film) can change suddenly and ends in a unexpected status. There is also an actress called Bebe Rebolledo. The candidated to be married with the writter whom rejected her. See is not mentoined in this casting but did a good work for be the first one in his a career. More than this, she is from my hometown Badajoz, a her father is collegue of mine father working at the same place. Come on ' BEBE. Bebe has a great work in her following work a film called "La educacióon de las Hadas" The Fairie's Education".
May 28, 2008
I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this movie. I had read mixed reviews and expected a lot less from it. A nice companion film to Carrington.