South of Heaven, West of Hell - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

South of Heaven, West of Hell Reviews

½ November 30, 2007
Slow movie with an incredible second half ... I really enjoyed the acting more than the story. But I would watch it again.
½ November 25, 2007
Not bad. The begining and the end are kinda dull, but the middle is fantastic! Great actors and good directing by Dwight Yoakam. Would've been better if Vince Vaughn had been in it more.
½ November 20, 2007
Odd script, odd characters, but great lead and character actors. Stumble onto this movie and might need to watch it a couple of times before I can get a true feel for the movie. Most people will turn this off after about 30 minutes of nothing, and that's cool as this is not a movie for everyone.
August 21, 2007
i would like to see this one..
August 11, 2007
______________00__00_______________
________________00_________________
________________ 0_________________
July 20, 2007
This is one weird movie...not much happens in the first half, just a bunch of weird characters. The ending is so ridiculous and cartoonish, it almost makes up for wasting so much time....almost.
July 15, 2007
It's like Napolean Dynamite for smart people. Not for the mentaly week.
½ June 3, 2007
Madeline was an extra in this terrible excuse for the use of film- so I had to throw it in ;)
March 1, 2007
ONe of the greatest westerns ever made!
½ February 24, 2007
Worst. Movie. Ever.
½ December 31, 2006
i thought i would like this. but there was like no plot! i died of boredom. nobody did anything in the whole movie. nobody ever watch this movie, its so stupid.
December 11, 2006
i would like to see this
December 10, 2006
pretty bad, although not bad enough to reiceve only half a star.
December 27, 2005
:rotten: Just watched Dwight Yoakhams South of Heaven, West of hell - or what the hell!!

Despite having seasoned actors such as Luke Askew, Vince Vaughan, Bridget Fonda, Peter Fonda etc. They fail to prop up poor old Dwight who is about as convincing a hero as is Saddam working for Unicef.

Poor plot, very hammy and I was left dumbfounded how any film in this day and age could be so crap. The shootouts reminded me of kids in a playground.

Dwight - stick to singing!:rotten:
November 29, 2004
Loved the movie, definitely worth watching. :up: