South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut Reviews

August 13, 2016
really liked the movie my fav i love south park
August 12, 2016
Capturing the show's rude but satirical wit to perfection, South Park Bigger, Longer and Uncut is an insanely funny ride with fantastic commentary on the dangers of censorship.
August 10, 2016
Matt Stone and Trey Parker are geniuses plain and simple. South Park never fails to push the boundaries on television and the film version is no different. Great plot, great storytelling and even the musical numbers are enjoyable.
jamrcla
July 29, 2016
A film not for the young ones just wish they wern't so many songs it made, They kind of got boring, Very good though especially if you like South Park.
½ July 26, 2016
One of the funniest movies ever. In my quest of showing it to my friends, I've seen it about 5 times and know most of it by heart. The satire about censorship is witty, making fun of parents looking for scapegoats. The Saddam/Sayan thing has some of the funniest scenes I've ever seen. All the songs are entertaining and quite impressive, rhythmically. Particularly, La Resistance and It's Easy M'kay
½ July 24, 2016
South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut certainly lives up to its name. The famous television show hits the big screen with higher stakes, a feature length runtime, and a boatload of swearing and violence. While the high stakes introduce a few moments that feel one-note, and the runtime causes the film to drag by the third act, it's an enjoyable experience, especially for fans of the show.

Coming from show creators and satire masters Trey Parker and Matt Stone, the film appropriately places censorship, especially in Hollywood, as its main target: how fitting for a film that battled with the MPAA up until two weeks before its release. It's something that seems to work better as an idea than in the film's actual execution, but Parker and Stone take a lot of sharp jabs here: one particular joke about the MPAA not caring about gratuitous violence but being offended by foul language is bafflingly true (even if the film holds a world record for most foul language in an animated film) . Parker and Stone clearly knew this going into the film, and they push it to the limit. Characters are gratuitously killed, but it's only the language that offends, both within and outside the movie.

Censorship is the main target, but not the only one. Parker and Stone are always up to tackle multiple ideas and themes, and they do so here. The film is full of musical sequences, clearly parodying not just the likes of Les Miserables and other classics, but also the Alan Menken animated musicals that dominated the 90s. From the intro song "Mountain Town" to the Oscar nominated "Blame Canada", the songs are all truly catchy. "Blame Canada" is particularly effective in that it's making jest of our instinctive nature to blame anyone but ourselves for problems that pop up in life. Even South Park itself gets a dig from Parker and Stone, as they pack in a tongue-in-cheek reference to the show's crude animation style.

There are things that don't work so well though. A subplot involving one character arriving in Hell and finding Satan and Suddam Hussain to be lovers is initially amusing, but loses its luster as Parker and Stone fail to do anything with it. The film also starts to drag towards the end, despite running just 81 minutes. There's a lot of filler here to push it to feature length, and it's very identifiable filler. These are just minor problems though: overall, the film is sure to entertain, whether it's for the satire or simply more shenanigans from these beloved characters, now in their first feature film.
July 21, 2016
HILARIOUS AND EXCELLENT
½ July 20, 2016
even though it may be much of a prequel to the series, it doesn't fail to bring the wit and humor from the series, and more swearing makes the film different from the series, but funny at the same time
July 18, 2016
Somehow one of the best movie musicals ever made.
July 18, 2016
South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut is crude, obnoxious, and absolutely hilarious, it's an Instant Classic not just for South Park and Comedy Central fans but people searching for a comical good time!
½ July 15, 2016
Holds up very well - just rewatched recently. This time through I caught a lot of the Les Mis references in the musical section.
July 12, 2016
If you are easily offended stay far away from this. If your fans of the show like myself you will be laughing non-stop.
½ July 11, 2016
Aside the feeling it gives of being an extremely absurd longer episode of the TV show, the big screen adaptation of South Park comes off quite nicely, with the typical over-the-top satire regarding society's modern issiues, enlarged by the crude and fast-paced humor, helping to conceive a surprisingly pleasant musical that will entertain both fans of the animated series and people unfamiliar to the whole thing.
July 7, 2016
The hilarious characters you love in a hilarious film, must see movie
½ July 6, 2016
Ok finaly a movie, if been waiting, yeah yeah it does hold the world record for most swearing. (299 or 399, it said) but the war between Canada and USA is the best war in all of movie history (least top 7) and me myself I am a big fan of South Park and think that this is the greatest animated movie ever tied with the Simpsons, oh and make sure your kid is not in the room
½ June 27, 2016
Unapollegetically crass and offensive, but outrageously funny, this one had me holding my sides laughing. The middle loses a smidgen of steam, but it picks it back up so fast that you hardly notice it was gone. You have to really train yourself to leave your values at the door before entering at your own risk, but thankfully I've mastered that. And the music is fantastic! I was not expecting a full blown musical movie, but that's what I got, and I loved it!
½ June 20, 2016
South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut is so crude, violent, and profane that you just can't help laughing at how ridiculous it is.
June 19, 2016
Blame Canada! Here comes Big Gay Al! Those are a few great one liners to this decent tv to big screen adaptation of one of the most controversial shows of all time! Good over the top entertainment!
June 19, 2016
Worst movie ever. The jokes are so rude and unfunny, the animation looks like it is made out of construction paper, and the musical numbers sound terrible. However, the only things I did like about the movie are the musical numbers "Blame Canada", "What Would Brian Boitano Do?", and "La Resistance".
June 18, 2016