South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut Reviews

½ November 6, 2016
"South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut" is profane, insane and deliciously politically incorrect. Filled with laugh-out-loud moments and spot-on sociopolitical commentary, it's entertaining and thought-provoking at the same time. Of course not all jokes or songs are as good but what the hell.
October 28, 2016
This is my favorite musical of all time. I know, that says a lot but it's the truth.
½ October 8, 2016
This movie is just hilarious. I love South Park, and this movie delivers on basically every level. Even the music is amazing.
September 25, 2016
Offensive, yes. Audacious, yes. Hilarious, yes.
September 24, 2016
Just re watched this movie. I haven't seen it since I was a kid. And honestly back then I didn't realize how much work went into this movie. While it looks the similar as the tv series, for most of the part, everything else feels like a feature film. It's funny and crude, just as the TV series. Kinda makes me wish they make another one.
½ September 15, 2016
I've never been much of a SOUTH PARK fan, mostly because the same-y voices get on my nerves and the animation style isn't that aesthetically pleasing. Still, the send-up of America's morbid, puritan obsession with "smut" and "profanity" in pop culture while ignoring violence was funny and relevant. It also doesn't hurt that there are a number of hilarious songs. A lot of the humor had me scratching my head, or was mildly shocking for its audacity. However, none of it was less than interesting. This doesn't necessarily make me want to go back and catch up on 19 seasons of episodes, but maybe I'll go check out a few.
September 15, 2016
Trey! Fuck yea!! Matt! Fuck yea!!
September 8, 2016
Grade A naughty comedy!
August 21, 2016
pretty funny especially the satan and saddam... omg so ridiculous.
August 17, 2016
Funny humor,catchy songs,brilliant animation,great story,and memorable characters(an animated movie based on a cartoon done right).
August 15, 2016
I haven't seen much of the show but from what I've seen, I feel the same about this; I just don't get the appeal. Yes there is some clever and satirical writing but it's all bastardized by the crude animation, grating voice work and aggressively low brow sense of humour. The whole experience Is like watching an obscenely extended version of an early new grounds cartoon.
August 13, 2016
really liked the movie my fav i love south park
August 12, 2016
Capturing the show's rude but satirical wit to perfection, South Park Bigger, Longer and Uncut is an insanely funny ride with fantastic commentary on the dangers of censorship.
August 10, 2016
Matt Stone and Trey Parker are geniuses plain and simple. South Park never fails to push the boundaries on television and the film version is no different. Great plot, great storytelling and even the musical numbers are enjoyable.
jamrcla
July 29, 2016
A film not for the young ones just wish they wern't so many songs it made, They kind of got boring, Very good though especially if you like South Park.
½ July 26, 2016
One of the funniest movies ever. In my quest of showing it to my friends, I've seen it about 5 times and know most of it by heart. The satire about censorship is witty, making fun of parents looking for scapegoats. The Saddam/Sayan thing has some of the funniest scenes I've ever seen. All the songs are entertaining and quite impressive, rhythmically. Particularly, La Resistance and It's Easy M'kay
½ July 24, 2016
South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut certainly lives up to its name. The famous television show hits the big screen with higher stakes, a feature length runtime, and a boatload of swearing and violence. While the high stakes introduce a few moments that feel one-note, and the runtime causes the film to drag by the third act, it's an enjoyable experience, especially for fans of the show.

Coming from show creators and satire masters Trey Parker and Matt Stone, the film appropriately places censorship, especially in Hollywood, as its main target: how fitting for a film that battled with the MPAA up until two weeks before its release. It's something that seems to work better as an idea than in the film's actual execution, but Parker and Stone take a lot of sharp jabs here: one particular joke about the MPAA not caring about gratuitous violence but being offended by foul language is bafflingly true (even if the film holds a world record for most foul language in an animated film) . Parker and Stone clearly knew this going into the film, and they push it to the limit. Characters are gratuitously killed, but it's only the language that offends, both within and outside the movie.

Censorship is the main target, but not the only one. Parker and Stone are always up to tackle multiple ideas and themes, and they do so here. The film is full of musical sequences, clearly parodying not just the likes of Les Miserables and other classics, but also the Alan Menken animated musicals that dominated the 90s. From the intro song "Mountain Town" to the Oscar nominated "Blame Canada", the songs are all truly catchy. "Blame Canada" is particularly effective in that it's making jest of our instinctive nature to blame anyone but ourselves for problems that pop up in life. Even South Park itself gets a dig from Parker and Stone, as they pack in a tongue-in-cheek reference to the show's crude animation style.

There are things that don't work so well though. A subplot involving one character arriving in Hell and finding Satan and Suddam Hussain to be lovers is initially amusing, but loses its luster as Parker and Stone fail to do anything with it. The film also starts to drag towards the end, despite running just 81 minutes. There's a lot of filler here to push it to feature length, and it's very identifiable filler. These are just minor problems though: overall, the film is sure to entertain, whether it's for the satire or simply more shenanigans from these beloved characters, now in their first feature film.
July 21, 2016
HILARIOUS AND EXCELLENT
½ July 20, 2016
even though it may be much of a prequel to the series, it doesn't fail to bring the wit and humor from the series, and more swearing makes the film different from the series, but funny at the same time