Christmas In South Park - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Christmas In South Park Reviews

September 7, 2015
You need to get this!
January 13, 2015
Merry FUCKING Christmas Everyone. And if your complaining about Mr. Hankey then you hate the first Dirty but Kiddy Classic Christmas song! :-)
December 10, 2014
While almost horribly crude, this South Park installment delivers the laughs.
August 12, 2014
Hilarious and fun to watch. Must watch for fans of the show.
½ December 23, 2013
"Howdy Ho!" Christmas in South Park is a collection of holiday themed episodes that are full of laughs. South Park always seems to come through with clever and interesting spins on pop culture. Never is this more so than in their Christmas episodes. "Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics" and "Merry Christmas Charlie Manson" are rip-roaringly hilarious episodes. However, the "Chinpoko Mon" episode feels forces and a little out of place (as it's not a Christmas episode). But on the whole, these are three great episodes that combine to make Christmas in South Park a ton of fun and outrageously entertaining.
½ February 9, 2013
Not only my favorite South Park Christmas specials, but some of my favorite TV animated Christmas specials too.
June 7, 2012
If u want a blo job after watching this movie then get this movie. it made me feal so Welcomed and happy. o and if u want a girl to spit Ur spurm then this is your movie
April 17, 2012
Hahaha, I Love Mr. Hankey!
½ January 1, 2011
I love south park, but talking poo is just a little too gross for me.
citawijaya
½ July 6, 2010
I fucking hate Mr. Hankey, he's a disgusting shit... but I love South Park!
May 16, 2006
[b]South Park - Christmas In South Park (1999)[/b]
January 23, 2005
I saw the Spike and Mike "Sick and Twisted" show tonight with Elissa. This was my third or fourth time to see it, and it was a lot of fun as usual. I didn't see anything new that really knocked me out, though. They showed two of my favorites, "Rejected" and "Here Comes Dr. Tran", but no "Beyond Grandpa" or "South Park" stuff. Anyway It was a lot of fun. There was a cartoon about urinal etiquette that was probably my favorite new clip this year.

I also watched "Rabbit-Proof Fence", which is based on the true story of some Aboriginal girls who were taken from their home by the government in the thirties and escaped from a bording school/concentration camp to walk 1,500 miles home. It was an amazing story and taught me a bit about a history I'm completely ignorant of, but the script could have used a little more awareness of the characters. The three girls seem to be fine actors, but they aren't given much to say or do except advance the plot, leaving me wondering what kind of little girls could actually survive this.

It also got me thinking about one of my favorite things about independent movies: filmmakers are more likely to step back from the demands of the plot and develop characters through dialogue and evoke dense layers of thematic meaning. This relates to "Traffic", which I saw last night, and liked, but it illustrated two things: what I don't like about Hollywood, and why I think stars get paid so much. The problem with Hollywood is that the characters are always just functions of the plot, with no "lives" outside of the immediate action on the screen. This is opposed to characters whom the plot derives [i]from[/i], and though they may only be on screen for 90 minutes, suggest that they will continue on after the lights go up; as Hemmingway put it, what we get from the story is just "the tip of the iceberg", but much more depth is inferred. I think that "specail something" idiot Hollywood reporters are always talking about is the ability of a star (like Mike Douglas in "Traffic") to apply so much personality to an essentially underwritten role that a casual viewer thinks they are seeing a real character, rather than short-hand for one.