Southpaw Reviews

• Feb 05, 2020

A boxer ends up losing everything after his wife dies & has to rebuild his life after his daughter is taken away after a suicide attempt. Being a father myself & not seeing my daughter it's heartbreaking & the always excellent Gyllenhaal captures it perfectly as do the supporting cast.

• Jan 26, 2020

If you are a fan of Jake Gyllenhaal you would love movie many goosebumps scenes

If you are a fan of Jake Gyllenhaal you would love movie many goosebumps scenes

• Nov 05, 2019

A typical boxing "demise and rise" story, this is a type of trope that has been done before countless times where the protagonist falls from grace only to earn his way back to the top. That being said, while this type of story arc isn't new to us, the film does well in providing impact, both in and outside of the ring.

• Sep 17, 2019

Not into boxing at all, but this is an excellent and gripping movie

Not into boxing at all, but this is an excellent and gripping movie

• Sep 10, 2019

Nothing we haven already seen before but still done well.

Nothing we haven already seen before but still done well.

• Aug 09, 2019

The way Jake Gyllenhaal transformed his entire being for this movie is very impressive. You can almost feel the despair that he plays yourself. The story itself is very touching and the end makes you feel so much relief.

• Aug 04, 2019

The best movie in the world !!!!

The best movie in the world !!!!

• Jul 24, 2019

Brilliant drama, brilliant movie about box and amazing Jake Gyllenhaal

Brilliant drama, brilliant movie about box and amazing Jake Gyllenhaal

• Jul 21, 2019

The most underrated boxing movie

The most underrated boxing movie

• Jun 01, 2019

I mean, we all know what's gonna happen at the end. However, I do believe that sometimes you have to focus on the ride itself, and that's what I did with this movie. Jake gives evertything of himself, I could really feel his pain and it touched me deeply.