Space: Above and Beyond - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Space: Above and Beyond Reviews

May 21, 2012
An outstanding series even now a real pity that they never made a second series.
June 13, 2011
January 6, 2011
Just finished watching the series' 24 episodes. Not as good as 'Firefly'... which I also never watched during it's original run in 95-96... but still not a bad show to catch on Netflix.
October 26, 2010
If there was one sci-fi show in the '90s that should not have been cancelled, I say it's Space: Above and Beyond. It was inventive and interesting, with likable characters and some cool designs. While hardly original in its basic premise, it put its conventions to good use and introduced an element of morally grey that sci-fi often lacks. In the one season it ran, it managed to get more story and plot elements off the ground than many other shows, like Star Trek or Stargate, do in two or three seasons. I regret that we never get to see in which direction the series would be taken after the fairly open-ended conclusion.
June 16, 2010
An excellently produced and directed, but short lived show about an interstellar war with an enigmatic alien species, with great dark and gritty storytelling, as well as realistic portrayals of characters that presaged the dark and gritty look and feel of Ron Moore's 'Battlestar Galactica' remake, along with the realistically drawn flawed characters, which were featured in both series. I can also draw comparisons with the 'Wing Commander' film at least in the look of the production (sets, ships, wardrobe, etc.), although this TV production has much better actors and drama than the MTV darlings of Freddie Prince Jr. and Matthew Lillard, in the 'Wing Commander' film BLEH!