SpaceCamp (Space Camp) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

SpaceCamp (Space Camp) Reviews

½ February 15, 2016
Memories of my childhood films I saw.
½ February 9, 2016
True 80's camp movie, but that is what makes this film so special. It's right up there with Biggles: Adventures in Time, The Navigator, Hudson Hawk, Cool Runnings and Oscar.
July 31, 2015
SpaceCamp is aptly named, because it combines equal amounts of outer space and campiness. This movie doesn't really know what it wants to be. It's a love song to all the kids who wanted to be astronauts when they grew up, but the realism is on par with Armageddon or Gravity. It definitely seems like it's trying to be a teen coming-of-age movie, but so much of the plot is corny fare for grade-school kids.
½ June 22, 2015
A group of kids are accidentally launched into space. Unfortunately, they are not stranded there forever. Yes, that's overly cruel, but this well meaning film is often unintentionally offensive as it minimalizes the skill involved and risk taken by real astronauts (especially given the Challenger accident). Add an overly simplistic script and bad acting all around and this is a recipe for real disaster.
May 26, 2015
please add this movie
April 4, 2015
As a kid, I liked this more than I really should admit. However, as an adult, it is very painful to watch.
December 2, 2014
An old favourite of mine..... Anyone comparing this to Apollo 13 or complaining about the children in the film are clearly missing the point of this film..... A family film target for the children...... If you want to watch an oscar winning film then this is not the film for you
August 9, 2014
There are a lot of factual errors involved in the plot of this film, but all and all, an enjoyable film.
July 6, 2014
Overlong and way too cutesy for its own good.
½ April 11, 2014
It was interesting to see Kelly Preston, Leaf Phoenix and Lea Thomson in early roles, with Tom Skerrit and Kate Capshaw to add substance to the light & fluffy plot...the movie was almost inspirational in its own way, and it was interesting to note that it was filmed at the NASA Spacecamp in Alabama....
½ January 16, 2014
Festlig och medryckande åttiotalsstänkare till rymdfilm, som är ett slags Nasa-sponsrad high school-rulle. Stjärnspäckad, dessutom, med namn som Tom "Alien" Skerritt, Kate "Indiana Jones 2" Capshaw, Kelly "John Travoltas fru" Preston, allas vår barndomskärlek Lea Thompson, en snorvalpig Joaquin Phoenix och en kul liten robot. Storyn kretsar kring ett gäng från Space Camp som en dag får provsitta en riktig rymdfärja... och av misstag skickas ut i rymden! Märkligt nog står en del paralleller att finna till fjolårets mästerverk Gravity, fast här med föråldrade men charmiga effekter. Sådana här filmer gjordes bara under 1980-talet, på gott och ont.
July 28, 2013
All sorts of appalling.
July 25, 2013
super cheesy but I really loved this movie growing up
July 8, 2013
My Favorite Science Fiction Film Is 1968's 2001: A Space Odyssey.
June 6, 2013
June 5, 2013
My daughter is going this summer!
½ April 30, 2013
Silly kids adventure which has its fun moments, but seems to tempt stupidity on far too regular occasions for it to be considered any more than 'ok'.
½ February 24, 2013
I SO wanted to go to Space Camp when I was a kid. It was all thanks to this movie.
January 22, 2013
Classic, classic film. So awesome.
½ December 23, 2012
Ca a l'odeur et la volonté de faire du Amblin, mais le scénar un peu trop tiré par les cheveux empêche quand même le film d'atteindre son but. Dommage. Reste quand même le côté nostalgique du truc...