Space Station - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Space Station Reviews

December 29, 2014
Space Station is an intriguing and dazzling look at NASA's legendary space station. For all lovers outside earth, this is heaven.
June 5, 2014
IMAX immersion in it's simplest form.
March 3, 2014
It was shot by astronauts and cosmonauts! It's actual footage of the ISS! What's not to love?
November 23, 2013
... It's an IMAX special... In SPACE... OF COURSE IT'S GONNA BE EPIC!!!
July 14, 2013
Loved to watch in version in 3D IMAX
March 22, 2013
One of the better IMAX films about man in space. Not a deep and riveting piece of documentary film but very interesting as various nations are profiled in the building of the International Space Station.
June 16, 2012
The first IMAX film I'd watched at The Scientific Center in Kuwait.... well, lol.. back then I wanted to be an astronaut (don't ask). Cruise narrating was music to the ears. Best voice on the planet, along with that of Morgan Freeman's.
½ June 5, 2012
Saw this at IMAX and enjoyed the 3d stuff especially.
½ February 4, 2012
A little boring at times and the 3D isn't consistently good, but it's still cool to see space like this. I watched it on Blu-ray 3D. Even though I saw this in IMAX 3D when it came out about a decade ago, I don't remember it. I'm sure the experience is much more worthy in IMAX.
½ January 1, 2012
Kind of boring and the 3D doesn't help make this any more enjoyable
December 12, 2011
I watched the blu-ray 3D version of this Imax documentary and must say its so informative and educational. Narrated by Tom Cruise, it offers amazing views of the earth at over 200 miles above it! It felt like I was there!! You will see several unique sequences such as: the opening one is a very good computer simulation of a space-walk mishap in which an astronaut becomes unattached from the Space Station. Later on they do this for real to test the emergency back-pack unit.
The sound is, as one would expect from IMAX, excellent. The sub-base adds amazing realism to the launch sequences and docking maneuvers - you can really feel the 'thumps.'
This film exposes the contrast between the CIS & USA space programs: in the former, the equipment is chunky, reliable and functions at - 20 C; in the later neat, tidy and delicate (the Shuttles seem to need a near perfect day to launch by comparison). Yet the two do indeed work very well together in orbit, as do the international crews: USA, Canadian, Russian, Italian and Japanese all work alongside each other on the missions and the filming. Definitely recommended for your 3D HDTV arsenal..!
½ May 21, 2011
Incrivel a odisseia de montagem da Estacao Espacial!
March 13, 2011
Impressive 3D image but not much detalis or info.
February 15, 2011
Picked up some DLP Link glasses, the new bluray version of this is amazing in 3D.
October 16, 2010
It's pretty short and doesn't go into a lot of detail, but I guess it was made for the imagery, which was coo, however, I didn't see it in IMAX, just in my living room...
½ March 24, 2010
Incredible film?.I cant recommend this one enough. I was worried at the start of the film because there?s a brief tiny bit of 3D stuff and I was starting to get uneasy in my chair about it because it ran for about three minutes I think...but once you get past that it doesn?t go near 3d again and is simply amazing quality wise...it gains momentum at exactly the right pace...this is like the five star documentaries I love from the late 70s / early 80s. It also reminds me of Kubrick (I think he would have loved this movie)
February 23, 2010
great 3D documentary on space
February 1, 2010
Pour les enfants ou ceux qui en ont l'âme.
February 1, 2010
1o filme em 3D. Imãs, coisa de louco de realismo.
½ February 1, 2010
Saw this at IMAX and enjoyed the 3d stuff especially.