Spaced Invaders - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Spaced Invaders Reviews

½ September 13, 2011
This strange film about aliens who accidentally invade Earth has some charming moments, but the film is kind of just silly and forgettable. I loved rewatching as an adult after having years of memories of seeing it on TV once or twice as a kid...but I can't say that after buying it for a dollar I've popped it in too many times.
April 2, 2011
Not like I remembered it.
½ February 25, 2011
Stupid Martian surfer nephews land and are met by 'Hulk Hogan' and his shotgun squad.
½ October 10, 2010
For the time it was made and the cornyness of the whole idea, it was not the worst movie ever.
July 25, 2010
Ever see a movie you loved watching as a kid and watch it again about ten years later and think why the heck you watched it to begin with? Their are so many of those movies out their like that for me but the movie that comes to mind the most is a movie called Spaced Invaders.Spaced Invaders is a somewhat childrens movie rated PG from the early 90's about pot smoking aliens (ok maybe the aliens werent smoking anything but the producer who financed this movie must have been) because the aliens acted like 80's California surfers then actual menacing scary creatures trying to take over earth.The aliens crash land on earth Halloween night and are originally supposed to take over the world instead they get mistaken for children in costumes and start joining in on all the Halloween mischief while still trying to find pieces to fix their ship to leave.

Very much a cheesy midnight type movie but still loved all the wackyness and had to rent this all the time when I was a kid and I rented it every chance I could. The best part about being a kid is never noticing how much a movie is crummy and alot that you watched were. So just for nostalgic factor ill give this movie three blong surfer dudes out of five. See this one only if you enjoy 80's vally girl aliens stuck in an early 90's Halloween.
July 12, 2010
For my memories I give this a hell a lot of stars. I loved it as a kid.
½ June 23, 2010
So dumb its awesome!!1
June 21, 2010
It'll be a long 4 years.
June 12, 2010
Just about as horrible as horrible can be. And, by that, I mean really horrible
June 1, 2010
This is a very campy movie. basic plot is a group of aliens land on earth and befriend some kids. I did not enjoy this film as a kid or toady as a adult. Not worth the time to watch.
½ March 24, 2010
Could've been funny instead of lame, but unfortunately isn't...
February 9, 2010
Little green creatures with attitudes running around on halloween...enough said"
February 9, 2010
This was one I watched over and over again as a wee lad. I doubt it holds up.
January 16, 2010
Very enjoyable movie
December 22, 2009
This movie is not the funniest movie I have ever seen, but it is my favorite movie of all time. Why you may ask? Simple, I loved this movie as a kid, and still do. Is it a bad movie? Yes, but what do you expect, it is a B-movie with the title of a game on it. The best parts of the movie, of course, are the Aliens. It had potential to be so much better, but so did alot of B-movies in the 1980s. This movie falls into the category of "it's so bad, it's good."
December 10, 2009
I usually agree with the aggregate tomatometer level. NOT this time. Good grief...what were these people doing while watching the movie, sucking lemons?
This flick is brim full of hilarious bits; characters, dialogue, visuals. Sit in a deep comfortable seat; it's the only way to keep off of the floor.
Didn't anyone notice...or find funny, that the pilot sounded just like Jack Nicholson, or one of the other martians just like Cary Grant?
Here's just one bit of dialogue that puts me on the floor (bit of a spoiler here). The martians have returned to their ship and are trying to repair it so they can go home.
The entire town of Big Bean, Illinois is outside with rifles, shotguns, and pick up trucks.
Lt. Gigiwig (the one who sounds like Cary Grant), has obviously had ENOUGH, after being chased by these hicks over the countryside all night:

Gigiwig: Let me sum up the entire situation in a nutshell: there are FIVE of us, and four BILLION of them. They have Strategic Air Commands, nuclear missile submarines, and JOHN WAYNE. We have this. (holds up a little pump action gun)

Captain Bipto: Is it loaded? (points the gun at Bipto)

Giggywig: Let's find out!

Yeah, it's taken a bit out of context, but it's still side splitting.
Really folks, give it a try.
½ November 4, 2009
Buenisima. Me cayeron super bien los marcianillos. A mi juicio, esta mejor que la de Mars Invaders.
November 3, 2009
Silly one joke comedy. Horrible effects. Didn't age well. Even the boy was bored.
November 1, 2009
one of the martian has never been to earth before but he has a flight jacket, aviators, a lakers hoodie and talks like jack nicolson.

whats the deal with the kid dressed like a duck!?