Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone Reviews

½ October 29, 2016
Originally released in 3D, this movie looks cheap and fails to make any real impact. The 3D is barely noticeable and would have at least added the novelty factor had it been utilised effectively. Should be retitled "Adventures in the forgotten zone".
½ December 3, 2015
Worst movie ever. Saw it free 'though.
December 2, 2015
"Spacehunter: Adventures In the Forbidden Zone" is one of those cult classics that really should be recognized more. The overall design of the movie is very nice, comparable to the "Mad Max" series. There's a nice selection of actors in here, many of them before they hit it big. Strauss's and Ringwald's character have sort of a Han Solo/Princess Leia thing going on, its fun to watch. If you're a fan of the "Mad Max" this one should be right up your alley, don't miss it.
November 19, 2015
Ivan Reitman produced effort with bounty hunter rescuing three maidens on a desolate planet. Film was on course until Molly Ringwald's whiny character is introduced--a fatal flaw. Part of the 3-D wave of the early 80s; some of the sets and designs still hold up rather well.
May 25, 2015
This is one of my favorite movies. I can't believe people rated it so low. I guess some people don't know what awesome over the top action adventure Sci Fi looks like.
April 19, 2015
Take this for what it is. It's an inventive, fun sci fi movie in the realm of Mad Max - although more light-hearted. What's fascinating watching this again 32 years after it was made is to see what they achieved without CGI and that makes this even more watcheable for being able to see the magic behind teh scenes.
November 2, 2014
Dull dull dull. Tries to rip off Star Wars without ever understanding Star Wars. I mean, they spend the entire film on one planet and it's mainly filled with silly Scifi ideas that had been outdated since the '30s filmed with all the production values of a music video from the '80s.

Ha! And the optimists released it five days before Return of the Jedi! That was a stroke of genius.
½ August 31, 2014
'Spacehunter' is one of the crappiest films I have ever had to sit through in a theatre.
½ May 5, 2014
Monday, April 5, 2014

(1983) Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone
SCIENCE-FICTION ACTION ADVENTURE/ COMEDY

Can you believe that Ivan Reitman was credited as executive producer on this piece of junk! The premise is ludicrous centering on Wollf (Peter Strauss) entering an already infected infested planet called Terra-11 ordered to find and then bring back actual women to the planet Earth, for reasons unknown- perhaps because the planet earth doesn't have very many women in terms of breeding purposes. Anyways, the entire environment is similar to any Mad Max movie ever made which is the desert- full of many areas of water that is supposed to be contaminated, for viewers are completely oblivious how the people who reside their obtain fresh clean drinking water. Wollf also picks up Nikki(Molly Ringwald) along the way, who is supposed to direct him to where the women had been brought to since he doesn't know too much about the area. And I just want to say that the character played Molly Ringwald is perhaps the most annoying person she has ever done, who whines and complains, who refuses to listen. Ernie Hudson as Washington stole the movie on some scenes he's in, who actually saves Wollf's butt on more than one occasion.

1 star out of 4
March 26, 2014
Fun in it's day. Nice 3-D
½ February 15, 2014
all points are for nostalgia and guilty pleasure
September 26, 2013
One of those 3-D movies that were all the rage in the early 80's, Spacehunter (which I don't actually think I saw.. but I saw a lot of others) is a bit of a silly exercise, with a not so omni-present villian, weak characters and a pretty boring premise, which leaves us with about 90 minutes of just scratching your bum and wondering when it's over.
½ June 4, 2013
not much sci fi, but there is still something there.
March 27, 2013
this reminded me of mad max thunder dome in alot of ways I liked that movie too
January 26, 2013
because its so bad I must see it :-)
½ October 27, 2012
80's 3-D sees a man out to claim a reward by rescuing three women from a barren planet. Molly Ringwald was never one of my favourites and this didn't change my opinion. Would rather watch Kelly Preston in similarly bad 3-D sci-fi, Metalstorm.
September 4, 2012
Some fun, low-budget character and set designs fail to hide a poor and meandering script.
May 24, 2012
Mindless entertainment, where the title has more plot than the film itself. Still it's not awful.
May 22, 2012
This surfaced one night on one of the new, digital television channels now on offer in my country. Digital television seems to be filled with many long forgotten movies. I'll warrant that even insomniacs and channel surfing shift workers will have found this film boring. On another topic, did the titular character borrow his car from the set of Mad Max 2?