Spasmo (The Death Dealer) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Spasmo (The Death Dealer) Reviews

February 22, 2016
Spasmodically interesting more like.
Lamentable Giallo not some much directed by Umberto Lenzi as just turn on the camera and shoot.
Despite the presence of an Ennio Morricone soundtrack the film is hampered by a deadly dull hour of exposition and wooden acting which means by the time we get to the climax your so bored you just want ANYTHING to happen which will wake you from your torpor.
I am a huge fan of giallo films but this one is a serious disappointment.
½ July 28, 2013
More Lenzi from the To-Watch Pile, and it goes into some weird-ass places with the use of bloody mannequins, but I'll be Goddamned if it all doesn't *sort of* make sense by the end of the film.

Color me fucking surprised.

Well worth a rental.
½ July 4, 2013
DO NOT JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER. This movie's cover poster looks so bad I'm suprised that anyone would want to watch Spasmo. The movie is great! John Carpenter must have seen this movie back when it came out because it has a lot of' Halloween' in it.
½ February 26, 2011
Another great movie from Umberto Lenzi. The director of Cannibal Ferox.
½ November 30, 2010
A convoluted plot to the extreme really holds back this Giallo from Italian Maestro Umberto Lenzi. As anyone who is familiar with giallo's know that the plot is usually a complicated thing. But this one goes off the deep end with it. Its too bad because the strong performances from Ivan Rassimov Suzy Kendall and Robert Hoffman really made the film worth sitting through. And not to mention this isnt your everyday black gloved killer giallo. Spasmo is more introverted with the main characters psche. Spasmo is a long desent into madness, its just too bad that as a veiwer we go there too.
½ May 12, 2010
Another GREAT giallo from Lenzi....not as good as "EYEBALL" but still a great flick!
October 17, 2009
Decent but not what i would expect from a really good giallo. Still it was enjoyable and some good performances and invetive work from Lenzi. Well worth a view.
July 4, 2009
I have mixed feelings about this. I kinda liked the plot and the story, characters, score, some cool visuals etc. But still, I don't know. Same time found this slightly boring and somewhat pointless. Shit. Maybe I have split personality or something, I just can't make up my mind.
January 26, 2009
This movie was pretty fun, highly enjoyable. I was really hooked on this even though the performances bordered on beeing utterly conceited, but really, fro the start to finish, you keep wondering what's going on and those parts you want to know, you will know, those you don't need knowing, ahh, who cares. The whole theme of madness was intriguing especially as how it relates to control of what and cover up due to society's instinctive reaction to brain disease.
½ November 24, 2008
Stylish and confusing somewhat , yet intriging , beautiful score by Ennio Moriccone , and Wild Zooms by cult Director Umberto Lenzi .
August 26, 2008
This overly complex and confusing Giallo hybrid still ends up being quite fun. I am in love with Suzy Kendall and the presence of Ivan Rassimov just adds to the fun factor. There are a few decent scenes, especially with the mannequins, but seriously don't expect this one to make the least bit of sense in the end.
June 6, 2008
Kind of disappionting and hard to follow.