Spawn - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Spawn Reviews

April 25, 2017
I fell asleep trying to watch this movie for the first time during the second time I wished I was asleep.
½ April 21, 2017
Is this movie bad? Yes. Is this movie fun? Also a huge Yes. I love this movie and I guess one can call it my guilty pleasure. I don't care it's fun 90s nonsense and I love it.
½ April 21, 2017
Another misfire from the dark age of superhero movies. It has some great makeup FX, and a cool premise, but they are ultimately overshadowed by the scattershot writing, subpar acting, and terrible CGI. Definitely in need of a reboot.
½ August 24, 2016
Spawn is a horribly written, directed, and acted attempt at a film. Taking a beloved comic book character and squandering all of its potential.
jamrcla
July 29, 2016
Spawn is again the kind of film that feels like a cheap Ps2 game, Ok the story is pretty good even though it's not told in great detail, The effects were pretty poor and the acting just as bad, Some ok action scenes but nothing great, It tries too hard to appeal to the younger viewers which made the film feel corny and silly, Never known much about the Spawn comics so just going on the film itself it's pretty dull and lackluster but maybe fans of Spawn will like it better.
½ July 24, 2016
The visual effects are fun, but the story is beyond incoherent. Damn shame
July 5, 2016
good movie. this is one I think marvel should remake.
½ July 5, 2016
Horrible Hollywood screwed up what could have been a good movie maybe they will reboot it now with better effects
½ July 5, 2016
not the best but I like it
July 5, 2016
Certainly the better of the two Spawn adaptations released in 1997.
July 5, 2016
Not bad but could have been much better! Perhaps the rumored reboot will be much better and live up to the comic's legacy!
½ May 19, 2016
Spawn was dope for it's time with some of the best actor choices to play the characters in a "Superhero" film.... GTFOH with the extremely inaccurate critics.
½ May 9, 2016
Make up is good, CGI is embarrassingly bad
April 22, 2016
Simply a terrible film. I'm not a fan of comic books or their films, but this is so bad it's offensive!
February 27, 2016
I don't mind this being a movie about a guy who gets sent to hell after he dies, and gains superpowers even though I am Christian. The major problem I have with this movie, is the cheap special effects, rushed storyline, and terrible acting.
½ November 15, 2015
cant even watch the full thing what the fuck seriously now
November 5, 2015
After all it's not so bad.
November 3, 2015
"Spawn" is from Hell and may need to go back, permanently. Some of the special/practical effects are really cool and are diffidently one of the highlights, but quite of few of them are very outdated. Leguizamo's character and overacting can be entertaining but the rest of the actor are either trying way too hard or not hard enough. And the story, good luck trying to follow it.
October 16, 2015
Some of it is funny, most of it's humour isnt. Its funny to see Martin Sheen in this. Not one of the best comic book adaptations, but it definitely beats the actor who played Clown, John Leguizamo's other film, the horrible Super Mario Bros adaptation.