Spawn - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Spawn Reviews

September 15, 2017
I'll admit the CGI was terrible but everything else... SPOTLESS! And John Leguizamo stole the show as The Violater who I'd say is definitely one of the best live action movie villains of all time alongside both Ledger and Nicholson's Joker, DeVito's Penguin, The Emperor and Darth Vader respectively.
August 28, 2017
Spawn is a hilariously terrible movie, with hilariously bad CG, and hilariously bad performances, if you want to laugh at a really bad production, watch this movie. You won't be laughing at any of the things that were intentionally funny though.
½ August 22, 2017
Hoo boy, this movie has not aged well.
August 16, 2017
What can you say but Todd McFarland only printed 3 million copies of the 1st edition now look and see what horrible special effects that made up this movie!
July 24, 2017
DIRECTORS CUT

This should never have been released worldwide with the end result this film is. Carrying the accolade of the first comic book film with an African American lead, it should be ultimately ashamed of how bad this actually is. The intention is clear but with one horrific script and even worse CGI this is best forgotten.
July 22, 2017
Terribly terribly flawed movie with weak direction.
½ July 17, 2017
It was a little weird. Liked the effects.
July 5, 2017
Spawn is a film I remember enjoying when I watched it at the age of six, now upon revisiting it I realize the film is a complete mess. It suffers from boring characters, inept action sequences, a plot that's a barely comprehensible mess, hammy acting, and CGI that has not aged well one bit. The sequences in hell look like a cutscene from a PS1 game. The film is just an embarrassment, and a good reminder of how far super hero films have come.
½ June 9, 2017
Definite need for a remake
June 9, 2017
waiting for the sequel
June 8, 2017
I saw this film when it was first released in the theaters. Having just watched it again literally yesterday in June 2017, I must say, it's still horrible. I dug Spawn's costume, and his cape was kind of cool. But the devil's effects looked like terrible animated internet woman raping demons. Just a terrible movie. Although I don't dig remakes, this one is overdue for a remake to do it justice.
June 6, 2017
Another misfire from the dark age of superhero movies. It has some great makeup FX, and a cool premise, but they are ultimately overshadowed by the scattershot writing, subpar acting, and terrible CGI. Definitely in need of a reboot.
½ May 7, 2017
John Leguizamo and Michael Jai White were great but the direction and writing were meh.
April 25, 2017
I fell asleep trying to watch this movie for the first time during the second time I wished I was asleep.
½ April 21, 2017
Is this movie bad? Yes. Is this movie fun? Also a huge Yes. I love this movie and I guess one can call it my guilty pleasure. I don't care it's fun 90s nonsense and I love it.
½ August 24, 2016
Spawn is a horribly written, directed, and acted attempt at a film. Taking a beloved comic book character and squandering all of its potential.
jamrcla
July 29, 2016
Spawn is again the kind of film that feels like a cheap Ps2 game, Ok the story is pretty good even though it's not told in great detail, The effects were pretty poor and the acting just as bad, Some ok action scenes but nothing great, It tries too hard to appeal to the younger viewers which made the film feel corny and silly, Never known much about the Spawn comics so just going on the film itself it's pretty dull and lackluster but maybe fans of Spawn will like it better.
½ July 24, 2016
The visual effects are fun, but the story is beyond incoherent. Damn shame
July 5, 2016
good movie. this is one I think marvel should remake.