Speed 2 - Cruise Control Reviews

• Feb 11, 2021

Woof! This movie is a terrible follow up to the original action classic SPEED. It has one of the worst villains of all time, played by the great Willem Dafoe. He is a computer genius that has terminal cancer...who puts leeches on his body to prolong his life. Who came up with this character? Jason Patric is dull as usual with his extremely limited acting range. He makes Keanu Reeves look like Christian Bale. Sandra Bullock is also equally as bad, but hey I'm sure she got a big payday for this piece of garbage.

• Feb 01, 2021

Not as good as the first one. I wish Keanu Reeves would have been recasted but overall, I very much enjoyed this movie.

• Jan 24, 2021

Thank God Keanu Reeves never did this movie.

Thank God Keanu Reeves never did this movie.

• Jan 08, 2021

It was bad! I liked Speed better

It was bad! I liked Speed better

• Dec 06, 2020

Willem Dafoe's villainous role is entertainin' and the climax has some glorious large-scale property damage, but "Speed 2: Cruise Control" falls far short of its predecessor, and a tragic step-down at that. The rest of the acting (I'm not countin' Sandra Bullock here) is weak, the characterization is paper-thin, the writin' is laughable, the action sequences fail to generate any excitement, the plot devices are so unsurprisingly familiar, in fact, that they're very tired and poorly executed, and most importantly, placin' your sequel on a slow-moving cruise ship (and not somethin' quicker) is enough to guarantee that "Speed 2" is clearly dead on arrival. The comparatively lower stakes, don't help 'cause the hero has no reason to get involved and most of the passengers are safely evacuated; only a few stay since we need tension. So yeah, in the hilariously one-sided battle in which ship-based film that 20th Century Studios released in 1997 was better, "Titanic" wins.

• Nov 29, 2020

Though Willem Dafoe is entertaining as the bad guy and the climax does have some glorious large-scale property damage, Speed 2 is a sequel that's a tragic step down from its predecessor. The acting from the rest of the cast is weak, the characterisations are flat, the writing is laughable and, most importantly, placing your sequel on a slow-moving cruise ship is enough to guarantee that Cruise Control ended up being dead on arrival. The comparatively lower stakes don't help because the hero has no reason to get involved and most of the passengers are safely evacuated with a few sticking around because we need tension. So yeah, in the hilariously one-sided battle of which ship-based thriller from 20th Century Fox released in 1997 was better, Titanic wins.

• Nov 13, 2020

Sandy, see what happens when you leave Keanu for Jason Patric in a Hawaiian shirt (and head for a PG-13 rating in the process)? You get "Speed 2: Cruise Control," and Keanu makes "The Last Time I Committed Suicide." It's not a good look for anyone. But it IS a good look for me to give "Die Hard on a slow-movin' cruise ship" The Burnin' Medallion Of Badness. Characters: 0.5/5 Story: 0/5 Acting: 0/5 Special Effects: 1/5 Direction: 0/5 Cinematography: 0.5/5 Soundtrack: 1/5 Overall: 1/5

• Oct 14, 2020

it's one of the worst action movies

it's one of the worst action movies

• Oct 07, 2020

so ridiculously stupid it's worth watching once just for a laugh

so ridiculously stupid it's worth watching once just for a laugh

• Sep 20, 2020

The same people that hated this movie probably loved Star Wars The Last Jedi.. I love the sequel and its predecessor.