Spellbinder Reviews

• Feb 07, 2019

If you're in an evil coven or would like to be, you'll love this movie

If you're in an evil coven or would like to be, you'll love this movie

• Jul 15, 2018

Decent witchcraft thriller. Moves along at a good pace, even if it's a little predictable. Pretty grim ending, much more than I would've expected from the tone of the preceding movie.

• May 29, 2018

I really enjoyed this movie... a solid occult thriller!!!

I really enjoyed this movie... a solid occult thriller!!!

• Nov 22, 2016

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz

• Oct 27, 2016

I found the plot bland and that's being nice. Good idea but thought with the ending they could of dun more. I wouldn't recommend this

• Jan 18, 2016

A yuppie attorney Jeff Mills (Tim Daly) comes to the aid of the gorgeous and mysterious Miranda Reed (Kelly Preston) when he interferes in what appears to be a domestic dispute. Soon Miranda has moved into his house and taken an important position in his life. Then it turns out that Miranda is fleeing a cult of Satan worshipers who may be intending to sacrifice her. This film co-stats a number of genre veterans including Rick Rossovitch, Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa, Stefan Gierasch, and Audra Lindley. Granted, if you watch a lot of these films, you will see the shock ending coming a mile away, its still a lot of fun.

• Jan 30, 2015

Pretty dull supernatural thriller. Probably an extra star for how gorgeous Kelly Preston is in this.

• May 16, 2014

Pretty decent. Definitely better than expected

Pretty decent. Definitely better than expected

• Jan 12, 2014

Slow moving, creepy mystery. Finally found it on dvd and bought it. Don't expect a huge pay off, but the ending is... memorable.

• Nov 29, 2013

I remember seeing this one when it came out on video and thinking it was pretty good at the time. Watching it now, it doesn't hold up and seems laughably bad at times. Tim Daly rescues Kelly Preston from what he thinks is an abusive boyfriend in a parking lot. He then quickly finds out she's a member of a witches coven and that she is trying to leave. As you can guess, the coven doesn't want her to go and all sorts of witchcraft happens. Horror movies about witches rarely work. Outside of "Rosemary's Baby" and "The Wicker Man" there really are not any other great horror movies about witches (though I still haven't seen "Lords of Salem" yet). "Spellbinder" is still kind of fun in a trashy way, but it wasn't the quality horror film I remember, My adolescent brain was probably clouded by Preston, confusing film quality with attractive actresses.