Spider-Man - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Spider-Man Reviews

March 3, 2017
This started it all they should of made spider-man 4 would of been great
February 28, 2017
Spider-Man is a strong entry into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and not because it's based on my all time favorite superhero. It gives Peter Parker a great origin story. The web-slinging action scenes are simply fantastic. Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, Willem Dafoe and James Franco bring unique perspectives to their characters. Sam Raimi's creative style pervades the film and enhances the material rather reducing from it.
February 16, 2017
While the movie is pretty visually dated by today's standards, it's still well made and has plenty of charm thanks to the combination of Tobey Maguire's performance as the titular hero, and Sam Raimi's direction, especially since the latter is a fan of the character. Spider-Man, besides Blade and the X-Men, was the hero that made the comic book superhero genre credible once again.
February 11, 2017
Great film from director Sam Raimi who brought modern superhero films to light thanks to this amazing first film. Great conflict within Peter Parker when balancing school life and crime fighting. Still has to be the best Spider-Man film.
½ January 31, 2017
(100th movie) Nostalgic orgasm. Cheesy at some parts, but still effective. "With great power comes great uhh... what was it again."
½ January 29, 2017
Willem Dafoe's the best Green Goblin! Really! Also, Tobey Maguire did a great job playing my favorite superhero. The acting and action was fantastic and I recommend this movie.
January 24, 2017
Spider-man has a great story, it was thrilling, and it has dazzling visuals. Not only does it have charm, thanks to a solid cast. It had great performance by Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst. Spider-rman also had a solid exhilarating potent action, and intensity with a tad of gritty atmosphere.
½ January 24, 2017
I hate Tobey Maguire his acting is so bad and Kristen Dunst it's not much better
January 21, 2017
Spider-Man is a pretty good movie, this movie is dated but it's still good and when the movie is bad it's hysterically hilarious, seeing Spider-Man swing around the city back in 2002 we all were blown away and impressed, but now it's gotten old because of the awful amazing Spiderman trilogy so they should stop it
January 17, 2017
Tobey Maguire is how I see Spiderman. His heart and cheerable performance makes him an easy hero to back, and Sam Raimi's tight and exciting direction add to one of the first Superhero films to truly bring the thrills.
½ January 13, 2017
Tobey Maguire's First Appearence As Spider-Man And This MOVIE WENT Awesome! GOOD JOB SAM RAIMI! Have a Cookie!
January 3, 2017
A very exelent movie.
December 31, 2016
This movie is tons of fun for kids and adults to mostly enjoy since this movie had a really talented director doing this movie(Sam Raimi) A few flaws like Green Goblin's costume, Some Visual Effects, and Bland Characters don't take away from a great movie. You will enjoy this movie, as long as you don't hate some cheesy dialogue.
December 26, 2016
An over the top kind of superhero movie, with the green goblin being too silly for his own good. Despite that, it's still an enjoyable experience from the last decade! Only wish that Toby Mcguire didn't speak with a soft voice half the time, because he sounded like a pedophile! That was irritating, but thank God that he didn't constantly do it!
December 24, 2016
great comic book adaptation
December 15, 2016
A good movie but I wish it had more fighting
December 13, 2016
the best spiderman and the best green goblin
December 11, 2016
Easily one of the biggest superhero movies at the time, Spiderman is a great origin story that we never saw before at the time. Maguire along with Dafoe and Franco are amazing at their roles.
½ December 11, 2016
It's entertaining, but not my favorite superhero movie ever, that designation is between either The Dark Knight or Superman II.
December 5, 2016
I've watched this movie sooo many times I can play it in my head