Spider-Man 3 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Spider-Man 3 Reviews

½ August 11, 2017
Spider-Man 3

Pros:
- Good Technical Aspects (VFX, Sound Design, Cinematography, etc.)

- Thomas Haden Church as The Sandman

- Mary Jane is a more three-dimensional character

- Fine Acting

Cons:
- Too many plot holes and contrivances

- Peter in the black suit was not executed very well

- Topher Grace as Venom

- Too Many Unnecessary Storylines and Characters

- Underwhelming compared to the first 2 movies in terms of action

- Too Many Ridiculous/Stupid moments to count that they end up being distracting

- Terrible Pacing

- Annoying Love Triangles

Overall: D+ (3/10)
August 10, 2017
I want to start by saying that I wanted to love this movie, I thought I would. The movie is a big let down. Its too long and too boring. The villians are lame, yes EVEN Venom, and it just doesn't have the same feel as the others did. I know its a darker film and that works, but darker does not a better film make.
August 5, 2017
I don't care what you say I love the movie
August 3, 2017
Spider-Man 3 had a lot to live up to with its previous entries both being huge successes but this one falls short. The writers packed too much into this movie with two villains, excuse me three villains because of the Harry Osbourne Green Goblin, emo Peter Parker, and just a dull plot. This is kind of like The Godfather Part III of Spider-Man. The first two were very good but the third and final entry just kind of falls back from the first two. All in all, Spider-Man 3 has some good moments but it's mostly bad. 3/5
½ August 2, 2017
A decent film with way too many plot lines is brought up by incredible scenes and good acting.
½ August 1, 2017
Know what. It really isn't that bad. Besides it being overstuffed it's not a bad film. Still nails the characters even eddie brock who is a different version more to fit with the story being told I just thought the casting was wrong.
August 1, 2017
This is not only the best Spider-Man movie of all time. It's also the best comic book movie of all time. Spider-Man 3 is a total blast. Excellent story, great villains, this third installment is one of the best. they're are however just a couple of flaws. But the whole movie still shows the perfect kind of story we all need.
July 31, 2017
Yes, the ending was poorly done. Yes, parts of it were too much. Yes, it was overblown. It doesn't hold a candle to the first two, but it wasn't THE WORST THING EVER. This is a perfect example of a potentially great movie being dragged down to a "meh" movie by too much studio involvement. Numerous deadlines and demands from Sony (and company) forced Sam Raimi to hurriedly throw together a film that he had wanted (and needed) to take his time on. Thanks a lot, Sony! You made one of the most ingenious filmmakers of our time bring shame to his childhood icon.
½ July 26, 2017
This movie has many problems but has really good fight scenes and as little as we see it, the black suit is awesome
½ July 25, 2017
Spider-Man 3 is garbage. There were too many villains to begin with. Topher Grace was horrible as Venom! Even though there are some good things about Spider-Man 3, it's complete garbage.
July 24, 2017
loved this movie personally i liked it better than the first spider-man but i think we can all say its 10x better than amazing spider-man 2
½ July 22, 2017
A lackluster, crowded, at times ridiculous end to Raimi's trilogy.

Peter Parker (Maguire) has finally leaned to walk the middle ground between being the superhero that his city needs and the man that Mary Jane (Dunst) loves.

After a near perfect superhero film in "Spider-Man 2", Sam Raimi followed up with a less than adequate sequel, one filled with too many villains, too much emo Peter, an unlikable MJ, and a poorly written story. I really felt like there was some stuff that could've been really cool here. I think Venom would've been a terrifying villain had he been the prime villain. The Sandman had the most character depth, but that ultimately led to nothing. Harry Osborn would've been the clear cut choice to focus on but again, his route was pretty messy. I think it's safe to say they dropped the ball here, wasting a lot of potential in what they had.

If anything came from this, it's that I disliked our main protagonists even more. Peter Parker was really unlikable and over the top in this film. I don't think that's necessarily Toby Maguire's fault, rather it was the writing. MJ was extremely unlikable, as her character was bouncing around from guy to guy throughout the films, and continues that here. It really makes it difficult to care when the rest of the movie is lackluster, and the main characters are unlikable.

One thing that remains impressive is the visuals. With a big budget, this film still looks great. I guess that's one real positive you can take away from all of this, as the CGI is still well done. Spider-Man and all of his villains still look really well, but that's the only thing I can say about this.

In the end, this movie isn't the best. I mean, it can still be entertaining, and I wouldn't mind watching it every once in a while. It's more like a lot of wasted potential with some cringe worthy moments.
½ July 20, 2017
To be honest, I don't think spider man 3 is that bad, in my opinion it's good, is it a great movie...no, does it have its problems...yes, is it as good as spider man one or 2...nope, but don't get me wrong, it's not a bad movie at all it's not a great movie either it's pretty good so I got to give credit to Sam Raimi yet and this movie for that and I bet you all wondering why there are three villains in there the actual start was that Sam Raimi was having Sandman and the new green goblin in this movie not venom but the problem was that the studio forced Sam Raimi to put venom in there and that's why it didn't work that much, but it's still a good movie.
July 20, 2017
Not perfect like 1 and 2 but still a darn fun film.
½ July 19, 2017
Although it was extremely cheesy and written for a 10 year old audience, I have to admit, I enjoyed it. 4/5

Update: rewatched after a few years and I finally realized why everyone hated it. Tobey just showed me again why I don't believe him as Spider-Man and the villlians were horrible. 2.5/5
½ July 18, 2017
Disappointed by the movie.Ruined a trilogy
½ July 18, 2017
A lot of people despise this movie but I don't think it's that bad, it's better than the next two Spider Man movies.
July 17, 2017
Action scenes still great, but poor choices and twists drag Spider-Man 3 down and end the trilogy rather poorly.
½ July 17, 2017
Sam Raimi's first two "Spider-Man" films were awesome, but this third one hits so many wrong notes.