Spider-Man 3 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Spider-Man 3 Reviews

½ July 10, 2016
Sam Raimi's first two "Spider-Man" films were awesome, but this third one hits so many wrong notes.
June 27, 2016
Three flicks and still no proposal?  I guess since the flicks are based on the Ultimate series we shouldn't see that yet?  I don't know I don't read Spider-Man.  Maybe those of you who do could tell me...does Venom switch from Venom face to Brock face like in the film?  Or was that because of budgetary reasons?  Because that was LAME.  It really detracted from the awesomeness that is Venom.  And another complaint boy he took a really freaking long time to show up and when he did his scenes were very few.  Dammit they always short the best character.  Fuckers.  Also, I now get why some people called Pete "Emo Peter Parker" and yeah I didn't care for that ridiculousness.  Also, for Venom being as bad ass as he was he sure got a weak fucking death.  Pipes.  WEAK!  Fuckers. Some things I liked were for one Gwen Stacy.  She looked exactly I mean exactly like her comic counterpart.  Hey, Stan Lee makes a cameo!  There must be a clause for signing over rights to his books.  Speaking of cameos Bruce Campbell takes the fucking cake for his French maître de who pronounces "Parker" like "Pecker."  Priceless.  Good idea killing Harry Osborn.  It pained me to look at the beautiful James Franco with a scarred face.  James Franco...drool.  I really enjoyed Sandman.  The initial transformation was cool because I'm assuming that if you receive weird powers you wouldn't know immediately how to control them.  The special effects with Sandman were well done in my opinion.  I enjoyed the newspaper on the wall at the Bugle about Doc Ock still at large. Some good.  Some bad.  I think at this point if you've made it this far through the series you just have to continue to plow through.  After all I know I'd like to see how this all turns out.
June 25, 2016
I expected a lot that this movie just didn't deliver. I hated venoms voice. It was decent but I expected so much more.
This movie will probably be the biggest let down of 2007.
June 24, 2016
it was another good one
½ June 23, 2016
Maybe the worst Spider-Man movie I've ever seen
½ June 21, 2016
Spider-Man 3 is a good Spidey flick, but unlike its predecessors, it doesn't have the Sam Raimi touch, that made us like the first two Spider-Man films in the first place. It was directed by him, but maybe it lost its touch because it was personally written by the director himself, and he made a convoluted script. Even though it's not the worse writing in the world, the story all connects in a way that made it feel rushed; the formula is in the film, but he made it in a way rushes and also ruins the character development, which unlike obviously the first Spider-Man films that did it so well. In conclusion, Sam Raimi's Spider-Man is a mayor downgrade from the forst two Spider-Man films. It has the visually stunning set-pieces and as always great acting from mostly everyone, but the rushed aspect made it feel not part of the Spider-Man franchise we knew, and most of us, loved. It still has a heart, which is a great theme in a super-hero film, but as I said, the rushed character development eventually overcomes it, and without it, i'm very sure a better sequel would have been produced.
½ June 19, 2016
Tobey Maguire continua a justificar muito bem a sua escolha como Peter Parker e a personagem feminina tem finalmente uma aspiração para alem de ser apenas o "prémio" do herói, no entanto a inclusão de Gwen Stacy é desnecessária, a introdução de três vilões tem um aspeto apressado e embora pelo menos um deles tenha uma origem e uma motivação que vai para além da típica "experiencia que correu mal", é notória a intervenção do estúdio com o objetivo de gerar mais receita, prejudicando a qualidade final do filme. Não fecha com chave de ouro, mas é uma trilogia que ficará gravada como um caso de sucesso nas adaptações dos quadradinhos.
½ June 18, 2016
It's all the fans wanted and more. Too much more, in fact. More villains, more cliches, more cheese. But my the end of it, the action and humor and drama all add up to overpower the problems leaving an uneven but enjoyable superhero film.
June 17, 2016
Very flawed, but hey it's Spider-Man, so I'm biased!
June 15, 2016
This mess is unwatchable, what a let down.
June 14, 2016
Though it does have good performances, great special effects, action scenes and, of course, humor. I can't help but excuse the fact that the film is terribly convoluted with plots, many of which don't really go anywhere, and contains too many characters that it's easy to lose interest in some, if not most, of the characters and subplots. But, besides that, Spiderman 3 is definately the worst of the Raimi trilogy but is totally watchable.
June 14, 2016
I liked every aspect of this movie except Venom. Venom looked cool. But the build was not right and Topher Grace was not the right Eddie Brock. Other than that it was a great film!
June 12, 2016
The movie is not over stuffed everyone puts on an amazing performance, it honestly is a masterpiece and gets undeserved hate from movie goers and critics alike for no solid reason whatsoever, ignore the bad reviews because it is the ultimate treat
½ June 7, 2016
I know you might not disagree with me but, I actually thought this was another really great Spider-Man movie! Not better then the 2nd...still awesome though :) It's sad that the trilogy ended...but I can't wait to watch the trilogy again :) I will say too that Kirsten Dunst acting was so much better in the last 2 Spider-Man movies
June 4, 2016
Spider-Man 3 is an uneven, overstuffed, sometimes heavy-handed film that shows potential but never fully lives up to it.
June 3, 2016
Spider-Man 3 could have been better with two relevant villains rather than three. If they put in the Sinister Six storyline then it properly would been a great film to watch, but it didn't turn out to be.

The only thing that was good about this film was the design of the black suit on Spider-man, the action, some of their motivations and thats it.

It will leave you feeling disappointed on the overall look from Sam Raimi's film.
June 2, 2016
This movie has many flaws, but is enjoyable in a "so bad it's good" kind of way.
June 1, 2016
Questionable directorial decisions undoubtedly sabotage this installment from reaching the heights of its predecessors, but the level of thematic cohesion deriving from the juxtaposition of choice and "choicelessness" still make it worthwhile.
May 31, 2016
While this film has a lot of great ideas, Spider-Man 3 gets entangled in a web that is full of holes, missed potential, and one of the most disappointing follow ups in comic book film history.
May 30, 2016
A very disappointing conclusion to the trilogy.