Spiders - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Spiders Reviews

March 1, 2015
It very good movie it very old and it good action I love watch sci-fi always all time and watch scary animals and bugs movies it good movie it good action I watch many time it so awesome movie!!!
September 6, 2014
A surprisingly decent little sci-fi horror with some nice practical effects and some very cheesy CG effects. The acting, script, direction is typical upper end low budget B-movie stuff, but really nothing here is too bad to make it unwatchable. The second act set in an underground bunker would have been a somewhat pointless and poor place to finish, but the scenes featuring a giant spider running amok in the city is very fun and saves the movie from a very mild recommendation to a catch if you can.
January 31, 2014
Spiders (Gary Jones, 2000)
[originally posted 4Apr2001]

Gary Jones, the man who gave us the inimitably bad Mosquitoes and various episodes of Hercules and
Xena, is back with yet another movie about big bugs with bad special effects. My local vidshack had this as a two-day rental, something usually reserved for popular films (to keep them on the shelves, natch), which led me to the illusion that it might actually be a worthwhile movie. More fool me.

Once I figured out that it was typical Grade-Z shlock, I wanted to like it. Really. Some of Hollywood's best films of the 80s are on this scale of badness (Night of the Creeps comes to mind, and the wonderfully silly Troll). Problem is, those movies had something that transcended the stupidity. Maybe they just didn't take themselves seriously-a flaw this film has in spades.

It is, however, the first leading role for up-and-coming actress Lana Parrilla (who also popped up in a much more minor way in last year's cult hit Very Mean Men), who, if there is any justice in this world, will be a supermodel soon. Her performance-at least until the obligatory love story crops up towards the end of the film-is the only thing that makes this halfway watchable. Had they spent a few more million on special effects and gotten a better supporting cast, it might have been watchable all the way round; of course, it wouldn't have been a Gary Jones joint, either. *
January 4, 2014
This low-budget film actually surprised me with some of its effective effects. Ultimately, though, this film fails to entertain with a terrible script and bad dialogue.
½ March 13, 2013
Extreme chesse fest, with some ok gore here and there.
November 24, 2012
Despite the low critical reception, I still enjoyed this film, I've watched it quite a few times. The story was fast paced, with realistic special effects and distinctive characters. The cocoons scared me so much as a child. The roaming of the gigantic spider was a bit kitsch and campy, but overall, it's not a bad sci-fi action film.
May 12, 2012
This film is so bad it's actually funny. Bad acting and bad puns. A must for a group of drinking friends to rip the piss!
December 21, 2010
epically cheesy. but i guess good if your into that kind of stuff..
½ May 6, 2010
More dumb military/monster mayhem. Some of the spider effects are kinda fun though.
May 5, 2010
What did you expect?
½ January 17, 2010
Noooo! xD It was watchable... but nothing more! I so hate these "gulp" sounds when swallowing something explosive... Can't they at least skip the bloody sound?
January 17, 2010
If you want to see a really bad b-movie, watch this one!
November 25, 2009
September 13, 2009
i liked it. :) good movie :)
March 22, 2009
This is one of those highly low-budget films that are so bad that they are good. The plot is mediocre, some of the special effects are laughable and the dialogue is extremelly cheesy.
Recommended for those who like to sit down and watch this movie for the pure sake of having a laugh.
January 4, 2009
Another mediocre celebration of arachnophobia with the usual government-science-project-gone-wrong footnote. Some tits and some humour wouldda saved it.
½ December 7, 2008
Spiders is a surprisingly good nature rum-amok film that far exceeds these type of films put out nowadays on the Sci-fi Channel and such. The story is about a spider taken out to space to have alien DNA injected into it, but then shit goes wrong (of course) and the spider gets loose and bites people (automatic death) and lays an egg in the survivor. Now, the survivor, whose ship crash lands next to a secret government base where a college newspaper team is sneaking around, pukes out a bigger spider, which kills a few people, then grows into an even bigger spider, and kills a few more people. The real treat is towards the end during the wrap up where it turns out, we've still got another 15 minutes of movie because another spider is born and instantly turns into the size of a McDonalds and starts roaming the streets and terrorizing people. Another thing that really helped this movie out was very decent spider effects courtesy of the almighty KNB Effects crew. Don't expect greatness, especially from the actors (the lead just comes off as a real bitch), but this film still manages to be some old fashion popcorn fun!
November 11, 2008
comment dire, en un mot : naze
November 6, 2008
Cheesy graphics. But a nice film. Even though I'm going to have nightmares for a few weeks because I HATE SPIDERS!!!
½ October 12, 2008
Okay, so this film is rubbish. But it's enjoyable rubbish.However to say that I didn't enjoy taking the piss out of it would be a lie.