Spiders - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Spiders Reviews

October 7, 2013
Really bad movie, really bad acting, really AWESOME spiders!
½ October 3, 2013
Some movies are so bad they're good. This movie missed that by a square mile and landed smack dab in "So bad it's painful" territory.
They called spiders INSECTS for god's sake. That's 1st grade animal science BS right there. Everything was just so... Bad. I think I might slip into a depressed coma because of watching it. May God have mercy on your souls.
September 29, 2013
Believe it or not, this is not the worst movie about giant spiders that I've seen, but neither is it the best. Most things about the movie are poor, particularly the acting, but the special effects were decent and they never try to skimp on the actual monsters like most low budget monster movies do. If you like killer spiders, this movie tries its hardest to let you have it.
½ September 21, 2013
While it has fun monster moments, the film suffers through slow pacing and a grounded plot. The characters are generic. The spider effects are decent and I'm sure they would have looked great in 3D. The film simply doesn't capture the fun that it looked like it would have offered.
½ September 13, 2013
For a lower end Disaster movie, Spiders isn't a completely disagreeable experience. It's certainly far from original -- it mimics bits and pieces of a handful of other, better films -- but it offers serviceable Disaster/Mutant Insect carnage with reasonable special effects, decent acting, and a passable script. It's not Oscar-bound, that's for sure, but genre fans will want to check out Spiders anyway for a modest good time at the cheap movies.
½ August 14, 2013
Mutant spiders that withstand gunfire and have the growth rate of a water balloon on the end of a fire hose. If that doesn't make you shit your pants, I don't know what will. The film itself was fair, with some pretty good effects for its budget, but I was too busy trying not to soil myself to give it my undivided attention. Gah!
½ August 2, 2013
The thought of running through big spider webs is terrifying enough. But the overall film is hilariously bad.
½ July 27, 2013
Yep, that was awesome.

I want to know who the 14% of critics who thought that film warranted 3 or more stars?
July 17, 2013
I thought it was pretty good. Special effect's were Ok but the story was good.
½ July 17, 2013
Among the very worse films I have ever seen...
July 8, 2013
It's better than your standard syfy original or anything Asylum puts out but I still wouldn't recommend it. The CGI is OK (but wavers) and there are a lot of geunuinely good ideas here (as far as B-movies go) but it constantly struggles against its low budge; constantly rehashing the same sets and never really showing nearly enough of what was expected.
June 27, 2013
As long as you do not expect too much and enjoy the ride it is a good movie. MUCH like the movies of 70's where some big giant incest attracted. A fun movie for a day off. I screamed when the spider jumped on the man. IT WAS GREAT.
June 27, 2013
i loved this movie ... i don't car e what people say but you should watch it
½ June 25, 2013
Could have been a lot worse. If you're looking for a dumb but fun spider flick, with bad CGI, check out 8 LEGGED FREAKS.
June 25, 2013
Whoever said "Christa Campbell is the best actress for this role, she delivers lines perfectly" should be shot
½ June 23, 2013
surprisingly good special effects. giant spider looked almost real. I enjoyed it..
½ June 23, 2013
It was so low budget that it was fun! Heavily botoxed main actress who had lost the ability to convey any facial expression, a talentless lead actor who seems to be deliberately fighting for the razzies and more plot holes than swiss cheese. Loved it!
May 12, 2013
Okay, this movie was pretty terrible. I get that it's a B movie and while the spiders looked alright themselves, when they were in the real world they looked cartoon-ish. The female jumbo spider had this awful evil face. Just dumb. And the fact that guns couldn't even put a hole in the spiders, but sometimes they could...wtf?

The movie looks like it was mostly filmed on a city block set, as they keep using the same looking street.

The acting is awful, on all fronts. Even the few names, Muldoon and Campbell, are just awful. They are not interesting and we could care if they find their daughter or not. Every single character is like talking cardboard: boring!

And the plot has been told a billion times before. Only far better. There is one scene where the leads are found by a soldier, and then it cuts to them handcuffed in the back of the squad car, when I swear he said he'd help them, then cuts to him telling the daughter she can leave a quarantine...and then after a massive spider attack and maybe ten minutes later, the daughter FINALLY leaves? Really? This movie was bad.
½ April 23, 2013
Interesting idea behind the film but someone forgot to remind the writers about fleshing out important details (like how the spiders were supposed to be kept under control). Sound editing was apparently done by a crewmember's pre-teen son, complete with outdoor sound effects (in a parking garage scene), squishy sounds, and game sounds from Myst. I had higher hopes for this film based on its premise but, alas, those hopes were quickly snuffed out once I saw a soap opera star taking the role of the main character.