Spin (You Are Here) Reviews

• Sep 04, 2014

This movie was surprisingly well edited. The screenplay was snappy. Much much better than most of the movies in the similar genre. The soundtrack was awesome. Though a few lines are way too intellectual for the characters, however most of them were well placed. Acting skills are sort of polarized. Rarely you get to watch a movie that grabs your attention, especially one with 20 year olds in a nightclub, however this one was awesome. Its a non-stop roller-coaster ride. Its a shame that it got bombed by the critics, where other pointless movies actually get more attention. I would say KUDOS to everyone involved in the production of this movie. Great Job!

• Mar 19, 2012

Quite dull. Random plot goes nowhere.

Quite dull. Random plot goes nowhere.

• Jan 12, 2012

It succeeds at entertaining, but fails miserably when trying to be serious.

It succeeds at entertaining, but fails miserably when trying to be serious.

• Nov 07, 2011

This is a really good movie. The story was done well. It was entertaining throughout with the bizarre events and how each character's story connects with the others. Even though this movie is a few years old, it still feels fresh and showcases good acting from Katie Cassidy, as well as the rest of the cast. Definitely worth it to watch.

• Sep 21, 2011

People trying to piece back together a night where crazy shit happens... Picked it up per suggestion from a customer, title actually being "Spin." It's just like Go, only unfortunately not as good. Not a bad watch, but if you can get a hold of Go, go with that one.

• Jul 20, 2011

You've seen this movie before six ways to Sunday, but brings a different vibe and energy.

• Jun 21, 2011

Odd little unknown movies like this are why I love Netflix.

Odd little unknown movies like this are why I love Netflix.

• Jan 20, 2011

Originally produced in 2007 but shelved until recently it was released on dvd december 28th and renamed Spin. So don't look for the title you are here. Flixster for some reason has some old info and pictures and not a current picture of the dvd cover. A lot of my friends liked a movie a few years ago called Rules Of Attraction starring a bevy of young up and coming actors who some have gone on to stardom while others have not so much. James Van Der Beek, Shannon Sossamon, Jessica Biel, Kip Pardue, Kate Bosworth, and Jay Baruchel. I never really got a lot out of it because the characters weren't really that likeable. Maybe I need to see it again because Spin reminds me of that movie quite a bit. However this film basically condenses everything down to one night at a club with different perspectives of what went down from all the different participants. Part Rules Of Attraction and to a lesser extent the fine film Go, which this film never achieves the greatness that Go does. Once again some characters are unlikeable and shallow but that never ways down the film's fun because the film never stops zipping along at a speedy rate. With a tight direction from Henry Pincus (his first feature length film, will he get another chance since this film was shelved for so long? Who knows!) and clocking in at barely over 80 minutes with credits the film was basically the right length. Some nice performances from the guy that everybody calls and tells him what happened to them, Mick (played by Adam Campbell-Date Movie, Epic Movie) to the main lead Ryan (played by Patrick John Fleuger), Aubrey (Bijou Phillips in a great scene talking to Mick about the night before while getting her nails done), the beautiful Katie Cassidy (Nightmare On Elm Street, put this girl in more roles!!) who plays Apple who has a the hots for Ryan, and who is Cassie's (Lauren German, beautiful) best friend and it's Cassie that's Ryan's got feelings for. All of this plays out in a wild night of sex, drugs, and more drugs and a veterinarian clinic. Even Michael Biehn shows up as sleaze producer Tony Russo. An enjoyable film of characters that you might not want as your friends but if they were there wouldn't be a boring moment from them. Recommended.

• Jan 15, 2011

I saw it after they renamed it "Spin". Great movie that I hadn't heard anything about, but it has Katie Cassidy, so it couldn't be that bad. The person that steals the movie is Bijou Philips.

• Nov 07, 2010

Funny, entertaining, lighthearted and just plain nice! I loved the way the stories unfolded and were intertwined giving a quality like "Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels" to mind.