Spirit Trap - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Spirit Trap Reviews

½ April 17, 2014
Director David Smith apparently grew up on lies from childhood. It's not a spirit catcher, it's called a dream catcher and the witching hour is not midnight it's 3 am. I stopped watching it, didn't care. didn't want to hear anymore of David's Smith's false childhood. Learn to know your facts, before making a movie about things you don't know yourself.
½ January 16, 2014
Similar to House on Haunted Hill and The Haunting, a few college aged kids are sent to a mansion that happens to have a spirit in it. They find out they have all killed someone and they try keep the spirit from escaping. This could have been good, but it was a little too slow for me. Takes forever to get going and when it does, it really isn't that interesting.
September 10, 2013
An Atmospheric Supernatural Horror, Which Mixes Modern Filmmaking With The Classic Styled Horror. The Story Is Kind Of Predictable But When You Look At The Performance's, Direction And The Atmosphere, It's A Pretty Well Made Film & An Enjoyable One.
September 4, 2013
A promising start and a nice spooky-atmospheric house setting, but the story soon tails off into mediocrity.
April 27, 2013
A well-made, decently acted British horror film, Spirit Trap taps into a lot of the early 20th-century beliefs about spiritualism in a way that is engaging and interesting if not entirely original.
October 31, 2012
Having seen this advertised in summer 2005, I decided to wait to rent it on DVD.

Granted, it wasn't the worst film I've ever seen however I felt that the plot was weak. The setting of a creepy old house was fantastic and having that mysterious locked door really did seem to feed on the audience's fear. The dream sequences were nicely done, as were the flashback scenes. Superb performances from Emma Catherwood.

Billie Piper was far better in Doctor Who and although there is nothing directly bad about her acting there is also nothing particularly great either. I'm no prude by all means but I thought this film would be more suited to an 18 certificate...

I would say this film is worth seeing once but not twice.
½ October 27, 2012
Some students don't have much of a choice in accomodations. Two things I liked about this supernatural film - Billie Piper and the lack of reliance on CGI. Otherwise average.
½ October 15, 2012
When a group of college teens all decide to share the same house, they discover that it has a terrible secret that puts all their lives in danger

Here we have a low budget British / Romanian horror movie that tries to be something special, but isn't anything you haven't seen before. The story moves along quite nicely, but the plot ideas have all been regurgitated from many other haunted house flicks. The cast all play their roles very well, but again you have seen the characters in countless other movies. This isn't blood and gore heavy and the limited special effects are nicely done and suits the tone of things quite well. All in all this isn't a bad movie, but it just isn't anything outstanding.
May 20, 2012
got to get this one too!
November 25, 2011
It could have been good, unfortunately the timing was way off and the ending was a complete cop-out.
½ November 14, 2011
16th April 2011

Haunted clock story...tick tock tick tock...you are falling to sleep...total snoozefest.
½ October 18, 2011
An average film, but I suppose its worth a watch, its not total rubbish, tho some of the acting leaves a lot to be desired, I didnt start guessing how it would unravel until about half way through, but more or less near the beginning, I had a fair bit of what was going on.......
May 28, 2011
It's confusing, that about sums up my experience to be honest... It was an average low budget type movie, but really very difficult to get into and understand! I'm the first to admit it has an interesting concept to it but it wasn't written right and surprisingly not much actually happens in the movie itself! Really not worth the watch if I'm honest!
March 18, 2011
A poorly written stage show performed badly with a effects team that have no idea. I've seen college projects better.
Billie Piper what were you thinking?
February 28, 2011
I couldn't make it past the first 15 minutes. It was just to cheesy and the special effects were awful.
January 15, 2011
not bad at all, was way better then i thought it would be. i like the story line it's interesting. it was suspencefull enough to keep you wondering and wanting to see the end. one time watch, it was good.
½ October 11, 2010
I bit of a mess of a movie really, it got could've been good but it ain't!
A good performance by Bille Piper but the rest of the cast is quite culmsy & unconvincing, just like the rest of the movie!
½ September 23, 2010
Billie Piper leads a weak cast. The films creepy but it's only her character that you care about and that's the film's demise.
July 5, 2010
Run of the mill supernatural horror movie. Story is adequate but holds no surprises. The "reveal" is telegraphed from the beginning. Acting is okay; effects are not very special. Little tension is developed, and the R-rating comes mostly from drug usage and language. What little nudity there was did nothing for me. BUT, Billie Piper is in this, and I would watch her milk a goat and call it worthy entertainment.
July 3, 2010
The acting was ok I think the story. Loved the Planchet &* the Spirit Clock.. Wonder how one is made! (mmm Grandad made clocks? wonder if he can haunt our grandfather clock he made for us?!!?) Well I decided I?ll have to read up on those cause I never heard of them before.. anyway I was into the movie and turns out one of the Room ates wasn?t really! C