Spirited Away - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Spirited Away Reviews

February 23, 2017
Spirited Away exceeds the already high expectations for a Hayao Miyazaki film with a fantastic story that will have you watching it again and again.
February 20, 2017
I once saw a quote that says "Disney movies touch the heart but Studio Ghibli films touch the soul." This movie definitely stuck with me as opposed to giving me a ride on an emotional rollercoaster.
February 12, 2017
The most amazing adventure I've ever experienced.
February 6, 2017
My wife is a big fan. I'm not so much into animes, but it was an interesting one
February 3, 2017
Favourite, I watch it over and over
January 29, 2017
Best animation movie ever.
January 15, 2017
Never have I seen a film more imaginative. Every character feels real because none of them are perfect, and no one character has a sole personality trait.
January 7, 2017
Spirited Away offers beautifully handcrafted pictures, thought-provoking story with sublime symbolism and enjoyable tone for audience of all ages. Thoroughly deserved to be one of the best-rated animation film of all-time.
½ January 4, 2017
Truly a visual spectacle to behold; the animation is crisp, and the plot is magical and gripping. However, it lacks the deeper meaning that its storytelling and style would lead you to expect.
½ January 3, 2017
Spirited Away is one of the most imaginative works of art in modern times with its beautifully made animation and well-contrived themes that will certainly lead into a hopeful future of intelligent films.
January 2, 2017
It's like watching a whole lot of you're reoccurring dreams come together on screen just the way you imagined.
December 30, 2016
Masterpiece = 5/5

Spirited Away is one of the most incredible animated films of all time. There's absolutely nothing I don't love about this movie. As visually captivating as it is endlessly entertaining. Indeed, Spirited Away will go down in history as one of the greatest works of art in the anime genre (and film) of all time.
½ December 26, 2016
12.27.2016: Prob one of the worst movies I have seen.
December 18, 2016
Full disclosure: I do not watch a lot of anime and am not really familiar with Japanese mythology.

A storyline that made me feel both sad and uncomfortable. Characters that I connected with but also feared. A unique 2D drawing style intermingled with what seemed like 3D modeling. Vibrant and appropriately selected either way. Dynamic scenes had some sort of flow to them so the movie never felt static. Overall, this film felt like a distant dream I had on LSD that resonated through my bones and tingled every emotional thread I have. I can't say I loved the movie, but I did love everything it had to offer.
December 17, 2016
The story isn't much, but the visuals are beautiful.
December 12, 2016
So wonderful this movie found me when i was ten
½ December 9, 2016
A great, great animated film with amazing animation, the creatures in this movie are beautiful to look at. Spirited Away had great themes, and turned out to be more than your typical animation.
December 9, 2016
This is not only my favorite anime movie, not only is this one of my favorite animated movies, this is one of my favorite movies of all time(period)
December 9, 2016
While it has a lot to say, it takes too much time saying it. Full of scenes that don't particularly progress the plot, the characters all seem one note and aren't the most appealing when considering how much time is actually spent focusing on their problems. Its animation is great, and it's bolder than a lot of other animated movies, which is commendable, but its sense of humor is awkward and I never found it to be anything more than just a generic movie about life as a kid being tough used as a metaphor for adult themes.
December 5, 2016
From childhood to post-college, this hit me on a very personal level, as I believe it will for many audiences from generation to generation. Hayao Miyazaki creates a wonderful film with colorful characters and wonderful animation to boot. A lot of horror imagery that immediately evolves from spooky to interesting. Chihiro is a character who serves as a great reflection to many an outsider, while the world around her changes faster than she expects. Through her eyes, the film takes on lost identity, rite of passage, and excess. The movie is easy to sink your teeth into, but it holds more of an impact than you'd expect.