Spivak Reviews

• Feb 20, 2019

An underrated gem on Netflix . . .

An underrated gem on Netflix . . .

• Feb 16, 2019

Spivak is a Sunday movie and quite predictable, but I liked the message, I do not know if it is direct, of the opportunities that you get lost by always walking in denial

• May 31, 2018

I didn't know what to think when I started watching this movie.    The set up is so odd - this incredibly depressed, self-loathing writer, Wally Spivak, is essentially kidnapped and taken to Las Vegas against his will - - on Valentine's night!?   And then, in a depressingly empty Valentine's themed Las Vegas dance club, the movie hooked me! In one of the most mesmerizingly beautiful, funny, yet melancholy "meet scenes" I've ever watched, Wally encounters what seems to be an apparition.    This beautiful soulful blonde woman, Jeanine, timidly invites him to her hotel room.  What follows is one of the craziest, most original love stories I've ever seen (I saw someone on Twitter say it was the most original romantic comedy since There's Something About Mary). I loved it.

• May 31, 2018

Ten minutes into this thing I'd already figured that it was written by a guy or guys who had a hard time getting a date in high school and after and decided to make a film based on that premise only the lead would hookup with some beautiful chick. Blah, blah, blah, blah. Time waster. Glad it was on Netflix so that I was able to easily dump out of this mess and immediately dive into something truly entertaining.

• May 27, 2018

Quirky romantic comedy that has some offbeat characters. The script is a bit predictable but the characters hold the audiences interest. Usually in a romantic comedy there is a deplorable person who has to be dealt with but in this one people are just dealing with their odd quirks to move the story along and you have to give credit for that.

• May 24, 2018

Wonderful film on Netflix that was recommended to me by a friend. It's funny and surprisingly romantic.The cast is top notch, especially the leads. Michael Cera is also hilarious. I don't want to give too much away. Like my friend said, just watch.