Splash, Too - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Splash, Too Reviews

July 16, 2016
This aired one time in 1988 in 2 parts as "The Disney Sunday Movie" Hosted by Michael Eisner. He liked the mermaid character Madison so much he had the Disney writers come up with a continuation for this couple. You also have to remember this a 1980's made for TV movie. It was never released on Walt Disney Home Video in America. I heard Tom Hanks had something to do with that. Instead it was released all over Europe in the PAL version of VHS and quickly disappeared. It's story line is silly, but then again what logic is there in a mermaid that has legs until they get wet? You just have to have an open fun imagination. Be excited to see the character's and the beautiful mermaid tail again and you'll have a good time. The actor's are very good and cute and witty and they do a wonderful job with what they have to work with. They even respected "SPLASH" so much that they named it "TOO" not Part 2. Meaning it's another story of the characters NOT Tom Hanks and Daryl Hannah. Brian Grazer right now is making the mermaid script they originally had before "SPLASH" called "WET." Let's hope to God it's not like Ghostbusters trying to suck every $$ out of the franchise, but yes I would LOVE to see cameo's of Hanks and Hannah and the rest of the living 1984 cast. If they were REALLY cute and cocky they'd give Amy Yasbeck a cameo "too!" This film should be on USA DVD and be given more credit then what it NEVER got! Mermaids are about imagination right? Not, scripts and critics. Good ol' 1980's Disney fun!
November 27, 2014
I was very disappointed in Splash Too. It didn't live up to the original and came across more like a children's movie than the original Splash, which had a PG rating and a far better storyline, the acting was also very poor and Amy Yasbeck's portrayal of Madison made the character look stupid. Donavan Scott who played Freddie was the only believable character and of course the original Dody Goodman who played Mrs Stimler in both movies, a poor follow up to the original. The producers should not have messed with something that was well written and well executed to begin with.
November 22, 2014
Awesome follow up from Splash! If your a fan of mermaids then this is for you! LOVE IT!!!!
September 8, 2014
Disney needs to get with it! 73% is a lot of people that want to see this movie. The movie is 26 yrs old. There's a whole new generation that wants to see it now! Disney never released it on DVD anywhere and only released it on PAL VHS in other countries besides the USA. PLEASE tell me how this makes sense?!
July 10, 2012
I didn't know about this sequel... :s
April 27, 2012
Remember when Daryl Hannah and Tom Hanks swam off into a fairytale ending in Splash? Well apparently they ended up living the life on a deserted tropical island where they eventually morphed into Amy Irvine and Tom Waring. And so we have Splash Too. I can hear you all asking why the fuck I would even bother with this movie and my answer would be that I never really liked the first movie and as a kid I kind of dug this one. I don‚(TM)t know why but I‚(TM)m a sucker for cruddy and obscure 80s sequels (Teen Wolf Too, Caddyshack 2‚¶etc). I know, its tragic. Anyhow so these island dwellers tire of the isolation and decide to head back to New York where John Candy has morphed into Donovan Scott (the fat guy from Police Academy)‚¶ but thankfully Dody Goodman hasn‚(TM)t changed. Anyway Splash Too is a so-shit-its-good sequel to an average movie. I actually like it more. Ultimately none of you are going to give a rats ass about this and sucked in for reading this far!!! Pwned!
½ January 1, 2011
We got love to keep us together. Also telepathic dolphin powers.
½ May 2, 2010
A completely rancid sequel. TBH, any sequel which substitutes the word two for too is definately going to be awful, and Amy Yasbeck has never been in anything worth watching.
January 14, 2010
I didn't know about this sequel... :s
September 18, 2009
Great sequel and just as funny as the first!
August 16, 2009
there's another one?? since when?!
July 3, 2009
I remember watching this movie so many times .. i hated the actor in it.. but i liked Amy Yasbeck playing the mermaid. it was definitely like a tv movie. Nothing like the original Splash. but was enjoyable.. it had one song that still keeps ringing in my head
June 25, 2009
there's a sequel to splash?!
March 30, 2009
This movie was meh. A bad made for TV sequel to a decent A list movie.
March 3, 2009
This is one of my all time favourite movie. I just love it!. Todd Waring and Amy Yasbeck bring the characters to life and the storyline is just so magical. Production wise I know it is no masterpiece. It's not fair to compare it to the original as that was a feature film, and this a tv movie. Considering the low budget, "Splash too" is a masterpiece in it's own right. I doubt anyone who has seen this movie can turn around and say it's boring or pathetic. The scene by the cliff at the country club is so powerful and everytime i watch, it brings a tear to my eye.
½ October 5, 2008
Now I came across this movie during a period of channel surfing and I tell you I wish I had just surfed on.
This is terrible.
I have not seen the original for many years but remember it in a much fonder light than this drivel.
What we have here is a pants film with a poor story, wooden acting and sloppy direction. How this ever got the green light is beyond me.
You get character TV actors who are not worthy of gracing a movie filling roles filled by actors who on the whole went on to bigger and better things (sorry Daryl Hannah) and doing an extremely poor job of it. The script is worse than your average TV sit-com and the direction is just TV plodder like. The supporting characters have little to no value and are so flat I think I will coin the term one dimensional for them.
Avoid at all times.
½ July 7, 2008
nt as gd as the first one.
May 1, 2008
How do mermaides give birth?
½ April 24, 2008
Another unnecessary sequel to a good movie.
April 4, 2008
So bad its good. Or it was when I was 9. Maybe it should watch it again.