Splatter University Reviews

• Feb 20, 2019

Below-average slasher flick with just enough gore and cheesiness to merit a full watch-through.

• Dec 14, 2018

If you can laugh at really cheesy horror movies this is your movie. I'm a 1980's baby so I didn't see a lot of the 1980's slashers until my teens. I just discovered this one on Prime and pretty glad I did. It's fun.

• Feb 18, 2018

One has to be prepared when going into a Troma movie. Once my expectations were in check for a Z-Grade slasher flick, it was actually pretty fun. The lead actress is likeable and the ending is ballsy.

• Dec 03, 2016

Escaped mental patient disguises himself as a priest at a local college and kills staff and students. Amateur film making again from Kaufman and Herz. I will admit, the are slightly more adept at horror than comedy.

• Jun 24, 2014

Delightfully terrible. Ridiculous plot and dialogue full of tone-deaf conversations and flat one-liners (you literally expect to hear a rimshot). It must have been a blast to make.

• May 25, 2013

Not bad, but not great, this early 80s slasher is firmly held together by likeable lead actress Forbes, as well as a couple of minorly gruesome kill scenes. If you're not a fan of early 80s low-budget slasher films, there's not much to recommend here. And even then, this probably isn't one you're going to be talking about endlessly with other horror fans.

• Jun 28, 2012

There were plenty of bad slasher films in the early 1980's that left such a bad taste in the mouth of so many critics who despised the genre, and "Splatter University" was one of the worst. There's virtually nothing here to like, even if you love these films. The acting is predictably bad, as is the writing and directing. The problem with this film is that it's especially horrible in the areas where it should excel, like the murders and the special effects. They're the only reason to see films like this, and the murders here don't live up to the sensationalistic title. The killer uses a knife to gut or slice many of his victims, and the make-up is not very convincing. And speaking of the killer, the final reveal here is pretty obvious no matter how hard the film tries to steer you in the wrong direction. If you didn't see it coming, you must be very new to these types of flicks. Everything about this one is exceedingly lazy, from the sparsely decorated sets to the routine characters. The priests are all lustful and full of sin, the men are pigs and the women are all victims simply to be slaughtered. There's not one male victim here, and even the lead actress is killed in what may be the film's only surprise. It's so misogynistic that even the male killer's life is spared. The "action" allegedly takes place on a college campus, but everything from the setting to the students suggest more of a high school feel. These kids behave like the Sweathogs from "Welcome Back Kotter". Despite what a lot of people think, there is good and bad in every genre of film, and "Splatter University" is one of the worst of its type you're likely to see. There's a threadbare plot, a boring cast and and dull killings. When you can't even get the deaths right, there's a problem somewhere.

• Jan 08, 2012

Another decent slasher but only if your a slasher fan!

Another decent slasher but only if your a slasher fan!

• Apr 16, 2011

One of the worst movies, I've seen for a while. The ending was kinda decent, but doesn't make up for the hell I was put through for the rest of the film. If you want a better review check this out⦠http://vhshitfest.tumblr.com/post/4763580034/93-splatter-university-richard-w-haines-1984

• Mar 21, 2011

The only thing I found to be good about this movie, at all, was the mystery veil it kept over the true killer's identity. Apart from that, this movie is almost as cheesy as one can get in the horror genre. Granted it has a few mildly funny moments, but the movie is all-around boring and ridiculous.