The Spongebob Squarepants Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Spongebob Squarepants Movie Reviews

May 1, 2017
I went to see this in theaters when I was little and since I grew up watching spongebob and constantly watch it to this day it brings me so much nostalgia
March 20, 2017
Amusing to watch back when I was a kid.
March 3, 2017
The fact that Scarlett Johansson was Mindy and I never realized it until after the movie earns it 5 stars, this fact alone. Plus the movie is classic.
February 25, 2017
One of my favourite films from my childhood. It's just so fun to see spongebob in his own feature length film. Great job Nick, great job.
February 19, 2017
A solid conventional and funny colorful family treat.
January 18, 2017
Good Movie! good Job SpongeBob! HAVE A COOKIE!
December 16, 2016
One of my favorite animated movies, this movie adaptation of one of my favorite TV shows, Spongebob Squarepants Movie is funny, well-written, good plot, and a great song too!
December 16, 2016
It's gooooooood I'd watch it 20000 times
½ December 6, 2016
I loved it this is the end of Nick's golden age.
½ December 4, 2016
Love the movie, thought it was great. Good storyline but got a little sloppy at the end of the movie.
November 26, 2016
For a period it seemed like every Nicktoon got its own movie and SpongeBob's was the most successful of the bunch (Until Sponge Out of Water) the film doesn't take full advantage of its characters but the humor, creativity, and adventure shine in this beautiful and surprisingly ambitious animated feature.
½ November 12, 2016
Could've done better, but it's still an entertaining film.
November 3, 2016
Awesome And Extremely LOL!
½ October 31, 2016
Its nonstop goofiness and basic plot are geared to the young audience, but this series adaptation is a cut above what it was on TV, with crisper animation and surprisingly deep moments.
½ October 26, 2016
Awesome cartoon, great family film.
½ October 21, 2016
One of the best movies I've ever seen! Too bad it isn't canon to the cartoon.
½ October 8, 2016
Is it as flawless as the three seasons that preceded it? Probably not, but man do I enjoy this movie. And despite what this site will tell you, this one is a hundred million times better than the new one that just came out.
October 3, 2016
Even after 12 years it's still good!
(yep, it's been 12 years)
September 27, 2016
As emotionally capturing and filled with great moments of worthy screen quality as theatrical pictures should be when compared to TV series, the SpongeBob Squarepants Movie is a wonderful, pleasant childhood memory that can outdo the lackluster post-2004 episodes of the TV series and the 2015 movie.