The Spongebob Squarepants Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Spongebob Squarepants Movie Reviews

January 18, 2017
Good Movie! good Job SpongeBob! HAVE A COOKIE!
December 16, 2016
One of my favorite animated movies, this movie adaptation of one of my favorite TV shows, Spongebob Squarepants Movie is funny, well-written, good plot, and a great song too!
December 16, 2016
It's gooooooood I'd watch it 20000 times
½ December 6, 2016
I loved it this is the end of Nick's golden age.
½ December 4, 2016
Love the movie, thought it was great. Good storyline but got a little sloppy at the end of the movie.
November 26, 2016
For a period it seemed like every Nicktoon got its own movie and SpongeBob's was the most successful of the bunch (Until Sponge Out of Water) the film doesn't take full advantage of its characters but the humor, creativity, and adventure shine in this beautiful and surprisingly ambitious animated feature.
½ November 12, 2016
Could've done better, but it's still an entertaining film.
November 3, 2016
Awesome And Extremely LOL!
½ October 31, 2016
Its nonstop goofiness and basic plot are geared to the young audience, but this series adaptation is a cut above what it was on TV, with crisper animation and surprisingly deep moments.
½ October 26, 2016
Awesome cartoon, great family film.
½ October 21, 2016
One of the best movies I've ever seen! Too bad it isn't canon to the cartoon.
½ October 8, 2016
Is it as flawless as the three seasons that preceded it? Probably not, but man do I enjoy this movie. And despite what this site will tell you, this one is a hundred million times better than the new one that just came out.
October 3, 2016
Even after 12 years it's still good!
(yep, it's been 12 years)
September 27, 2016
As emotionally capturing and filled with great moments of worthy screen quality as theatrical pictures should be when compared to TV series, the SpongeBob Squarepants Movie is a wonderful, pleasant childhood memory that can outdo the lackluster post-2004 episodes of the TV series and the 2015 movie.
½ September 25, 2016
it is a great movie to see
½ September 20, 2016
I have seen it too much and the The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out Of Water can just never air on television on Nickelodeon! Well I still like this movie
September 15, 2016
VERY CUTE AND ENJOYABLE AT THE SAME EXACT TIME
½ September 8, 2016
Oh man, I remember watching this for the first time. Here is how the experience went; infinite laughing.
August 30, 2016
I have no idea what some of these washed up, fuddy-duddy reviewers on this website expected from a show of this format but I can't pay full homage to the superior storytelling skill of the team who made this film. There's something there for an audience of any age, albeit a few slightly tasteless gags for younger people. Overall this movie explores the important theme of transitioning into adulthood and I personally see it as a satirical mocking of modern day society. Some of the critics who reviewed this show clearly need to watch the film more carefully and with an open mind.