The Spongebob Squarepants Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Spongebob Squarepants Movie Reviews

May 15, 2018
I have seen it i just want to see if again
May 9, 2018
This IS by far the best spongebob movie ever made
½ May 3, 2018
SPongebob was sexy but gary doesn't come home
April 21, 2018
i watched but i liked it
April 8, 2018
love the series so much but this film is a complete whitewash. not enough of sandy cheeks and stupid plot and annoying new characters. i hate spongebob singing at the end utterly pointless i prefer the sequel by far.
michael e.
March 29, 2018
Probably one of the funniest animated films of all time. The film follows the show very faithfully while adding on some new twists to it and it ends up being probably one of the best, if not the best, TV to movie adaptation. The timing for the jokes are fantastically well pulled off, and they keep me laughing every time I watch the film no matter how many times I watch it. Also the comedic voice acting and characters also add to the humor of the film and it is pulled off very well. Also having the film take place in the live action world for about 15 minutes adds a lot of new material that the film can work with, and the scene is pulled off phenomenally well when adding the cartoon characters to the live action world.
January 18, 2018
This movie is hilarious and memorable for all spongebob fans!
½ January 14, 2018
Great film with an action-packed adventure with everyone's favourite sponge.
½ December 27, 2017
Very similar in performance (fantastic) to Spongebob: Out of Water. So funny:)
December 22, 2017
Perfect. It's basically 9 episode of SpongeBob in one. Perfect.
December 6, 2017
I have never experienced such a cinematic masterpiece. The sequence where Patrick and Spongebob feeling like grown ups being symbolized by the change in Patrick's underwear is pure genius. There has never been a greater movie hero than David Hasslehoff in this film. Pure. Genius.
November 30, 2017
This is my favorite anime!!!
½ November 18, 2017
This movie is another part of my childhood, as are the first three seasons of the show! I seriously don't understand why there are people who think this isn't that good. It may not be perfect, but it's kind of close to that level. It's filled with laugh out loud moments, and is HIGHLY entertaining to watch. There really isn't anything else I can say about this movie. It gets a 9.5 out of 10. One of my favorite movies of all time!
November 1, 2017
A little sloppy at some points, but an all around entertaining film.
October 25, 2017
Ocean man, the crust is elusive when it casts forth to the childlike man
Ocean man, the sequence of a life form braised in the sand
Ocean man
October 23, 2017
SpongeBob seems to be like a popular movie but I have seen better movies other than SpongeBob it's a pretty good movie I would say
½ October 20, 2017
A really funny and great movie SpongeBob was never the same after this.
October 2, 2017
Best movie. Citizen Kane my ass.
September 29, 2017
Its a great movie its the golden age of nick
September 12, 2017
As emotionally capturing and fun as theatrical movies should be when compared to TV series, the SpongeBob Squarepants Movie is a wonderful, pleasant childhood memory that can outdo the lackluster post-2004 episodes of the TV series and the 2015 movie.