Sprawling From Grace: Driven to Madness (2008) - Rotten Tomatoes

Sprawling From Grace: Driven to Madness (2008)

TOMATOMETER

——

——

AUDIENCE SCORE

Critic Consensus: No consensus yet.

Sprawling From Grace: Driven to Madness Videos

Sprawling From Grace: Driven to Madness Photos

Movie Info

The unintended consequences of suburban sprawl inform David M. Edwards' documentary detailing the dangers Americans face should we fail to reevaluate our approach to urban development. The suburban way of life isn't simply at risk; it's in absolute peril. How can a country support such inefficient horizontal growth patterns when the very existence of such patterns threatens to bankrupt the entire nation? By interviewing close to thirty experts on the subject, Edwards discovers that we can no longer continue building our cities as we did in the past. While the suburbs once seemed an essential part of out maturation as a society, it now contributes to pollution, increased health risks, and a decreasing quality of life. But as non-renewable fossil fuels are being slowly depleted, Americans remain trapped behind the wheels of their own cars. With each new subdivision, strip mall, and corporate office block, the promise of a better tomorrow slips further away. So is there a solution to making our society sustainable in a post-fossil-fuel world? By exploring the efforts of state and city governments to invest in such viable alternatives as BRT (Bus Rapid Transit, commuter rail, and light rail, Edwards reveals why innovative thinking regarding land use and transportation is essential to keeping our society functional.
Rating:

Watch it now

Cast

Critic Reviews for Sprawling From Grace: Driven to Madness

Audience Reviews for Sprawling From Grace: Driven to Madness

There are no audience reviews yet. Hurry, submit your review so you can be first!

Sprawling From Grace: Driven to Madness Quotes

There are no approved quotes yet for this movie.

Discussion Forum

Discuss Sprawling From Grace: Driven to Madness on our Movie forum!

News & Features