Spriggan - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Spriggan Reviews

½ November 20, 2015
Nostalgia and awesomeness rolled into one.
½ July 23, 2013
A sci fi/fantasy/action thrill ride that is brutal and intense to the very core. It gets a little iffy toward the end, but ultimately proves to be satisfying. It has an interesting story to top it all off. Some people will be thrown off by the more bizarre elements, but for those who stick out will find this one to be just awesome.
November 3, 2012
Classic. Must watch for anyone who fancies themselves an fan of Anime.
½ August 10, 2012
Having a feel similar to Akira, Spriggan is one of my fave animes of the 90s. Combining religion, action, scifi and standard anime craziness, Spriggan delivers a fun watch.
The film does allow for plenty of mild theological discussion but doesn't get too complex and allows itself to be understood while many of the most popular anime, simply don't make much sense once they start trying to "think" too hard.
The animation is fantastic and I really enjoyed the score. This is classic 90s anime but it's often overshadowed by films like Ghost in the Shell and Ninja Scroll.
½ July 29, 2012
Good action sequences. However, even for a piece of anime fiction, the plot is completely silly, the violence gratuitous and ridiculous.
April 25, 2012
like ninja scroll and akira combined, crazy characters with crazy powers/gear/abilities.
April 17, 2011
cool animations but eh
½ December 25, 2010
I may say it's not as the critics call it, cause it's NOT FINAL FANTASY and neither AKIRA. Anyway, what the HELL does them KNOW about ANIME & MANGA? NOTHING XD

Plot: They just found a new Ark of Noah (Arca de Noe) and they think is from aliens (humans?) and the bad guys send some cyborgs and a child (experimented child, poor him) to get that Ark. But Spriggan will help his race? Will the Ark get restored, destroyed or give away to God? What this cyborg need to understand? So many questions if I may, but just watch the film and ignore critics (who this time, are not pro's at all). Some stars for this interesting story-telling.

Music: Interesting taste, a score with true music and talent. So many instruments and so many power going on. I just enjoyed it so much, I give it as many stars I want.

To end this short review (amazing anime based on an amazing manga books with so much feeling and passion as it is), 3 & a half stars of 5. It has rythm (sometimes it failed to give to much violence and cuts and gore, yes, I do HATE violence). And yes! I saw it in Spain's castellano accent. Loved it that way. Enjoy my very short review and bless you all. Soon 2011 will be here, yey!
½ July 16, 2010
"You Miiissed"

Interesting take on Noah's Ark
Seems to draw much inspiration from Akira
½ February 26, 2010
Közepes akció sci-fi, de szórakoztató.
February 24, 2010
great anime, shame the story was lacking slightly, got alot of akira vibes going on in it. still defo worth a watch though!
February 1, 2010
awsome action anime.
½ January 29, 2010
May seem a bit exaggerated on the action scenes, but the artwork is indeed nice.The music background and end theme is indeed a good combination with the whole movie.
½ December 29, 2009
The animation is very good, if nothing great. The voice acting though, is stunning, as is the sound editing and mixing. Also, this is one of the few dubs I watch consistently, as I think it's better than the subs. Imagine a more high tech Indy finding Noah's ark, and you get the plot. Quick action, an excellent score, and a fun adventure plot make for a good time.
December 10, 2009
Love anime? Love action? Then this is for you. If Michael Bay did an anime movie it would end up something like this. It's a combo of Metal Gear Solid type and James Bond type of characters in a much more bizarre situation. Only the main villain is a bit underwhelming.
½ September 22, 2009
this anime feature has a kinda james bond meets indiana jones type plot except with the main charcater being a plucky 17 year old elite japanese agent. it has moments of impressive directing and visuals, but these are unfortunately marred by a very murky and grainy dvd transfer. overall i found it a bit too clichéd.
September 16, 2009
A relatively early work from Studio 4°C but nevertheless one that shows off their skill in adapting the source material to the screen. Overall a rather standard anime plot that develops into a supernatural/metaphysical/(religious?) ordeal. The animation is gorgeous, with exciting action/chase scenes through the streets of Istanbul and the Ararat mountainside which give it a sense of a fast paced Hollywood work in the vein of the Borne movies, especially with the good amount of blood and casualties. Overall enjoyable although at times it seemed the ending was a bit forced, crossing over into the realm of fantasy and abstract whereas for the most part the film was more of an action/adventure fare. Still some good early work from Studio 4°C.
½ September 9, 2009
De la mano de katsuhiro Otomo (Akira), mucha acción y sorprendente animación, la historia en algunos momentos pasa a segundo término, en cualquier cosa algo que se debe de ver.
½ August 30, 2009
i saw this on tv recently and it made no sense at all. were the translators playing chinese whispers that day?
½ August 14, 2009
Not bad.. wanted a little more though, good enough for an old Animation Film.. There are better ones these days ha ha ha ^_^