Spring Breakdown - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Spring Breakdown Reviews

January 20, 2012
I expected absolutely nothing, but it wasn't that bad actually...
December 2, 2011
Kinda weird but kinda funny too.
October 24, 2011
Amy Poehler y Rachel Dratch (exalumnas de "Saturday Night Live") se unen a Parker Posey (en reemplazo de Tina Fey) para protagonizar una comedia directo a video sobre un trio de mujeres maduras que terminan vacacionando con adolescentes, lo que sirve como pretexto para exaltar el talento y carisma de las actrices y para repetir todos los cliches de las comedias "pez fuera del agua". Este es un ejemplo de como una pelicula se salva por sus actores.
½ October 23, 2011
raunchy wickedly funny but no new tae to tell just rehashed spring break foibles
½ September 21, 2011
First off, let me just say I am not quite sure why this movie is rated "R" cause it says that it's rated 'R" for crude humor and sexual references. But really, the only reasons I see why it was rated 'R' because there was a tiny 'f-bomb' combined with that. So yet another reason why the movie ratings system is messed up since in my opinion, the was barely a "PG-13" movie.
But with that, I didn't care for this movie. I can understand why this premise would appeal to some people, but it wasn't something I enjoyed. The funniest parts would have to be Seth Meyers playing a gay man, and Will Arnet's two minute performance as a blind man.
But other than that, it felt like a really long, awkward Saturday Night Live sketch. And I love SNL, so when I have a problem with a movie that's like a long SNL sketch, there really is a problem. It's giving me a 'Nervy Breaky"!
August 10, 2011
fun stuff
all 3 main female leads are certainly having a blast with some good chemistry
and their characters actually change and grow throughout the course of this spring break getaway
Jane Lynch is very wacky, Amy Poehler goes all out, and I really like Parker Posey
the plot's as old as a broken down house but it never hurts to get some occasional laughs and remind yourself to break out of that confined space to discover yourself
July 9, 2011
i love you, amy poehler!!! this movie, however, was AWFUL.
½ June 2, 2011
If you enjoyed "Bridesmaids", you'll enjoy "Spring Breakdown"
½ April 13, 2011
I was laughing myself out when I saw Justin (Green Arrow in Smallville) on this film! I was like 'No lines? Just body showing? WTF?', this proves that for funny moments, you don't need talent at all? I still don't get it (seriously, he is damn talented in Smallville, in here his work was mediocre, sorry fans of his!). Anyway, enjoy the ride and my review!

Plot: 3 friends passed hell in high school and university, until the oportunity of going to a spring break get's to them thanks to Becky, who needs to protect for a week Ashley, daughter of the vice-president of USA. Will their lives get changed forever? Will they find happiness in that hellhound of place? Defenetly, one of the reasons I don't like this kind of parties is: PEOPLE TURNS TO ANIMAL FOR A WEEK AND GET NASTY AND SCARY! Yep, they all get demons for a week....yuck! They do? Oh well, just by watching this film, USA wins for the most crazy people (no offence, is just a way to express emotions, acting is awesome).

Acting: I will give stars to Amy, Rachel, Parker, Amber and yes, Missi and Jane. They all stole the show from the extras, even of Justin LOL Amazing talents for this akward film.

Music: Since the score was almost absent, I must say the music choosen was splendit and magical (80's has it all HURRICANE!). So yep, stars here defenetly.

To end this short review, 3 & a half stars of 5. Not 5/5, since I don't like films with bad influence on kids/teens and the future of the world for acting/mechanic/science/players of video games/CGI workers and any work you choose! So, do live in peace, but don't get crazy! BLESS YOU ALL! HASTA LA PROXIMA AMIGOS/AS!!!! CHAO!!!!!!!!!
½ March 23, 2011
A good cast is generally wasted here. There are a few laughs but the script is weak overall. This comedy I would recommend you avoid.
March 14, 2011
Pretty cheesy, but I'm just glad that so many great actresses were in one movie. Rachel Dratch as a hard-partying plain girl engaged to a gay guy (Seth Meyers) who thinks she had an affair with the dude who plays the Green Arrow on 'Smallville', was easily the best part.
½ February 26, 2011
Overall, pretty stupid, but it sure had its moments. Not bad.
January 31, 2011
I think I watched some of this on TV once...now I know what it's called...and what it's about...
½ January 29, 2011
another basic straight to dvd comedy that is only funny because rachel dratch is so ugly lol! she knows it and she works it, i wouldnt recommend this movie but i dont regret watching it
½ January 1, 2011
Not great or anything, but it has 3 pretty funny people in it (including the under utilized Rachel Dratch). Not a terrible way to kill 90 minutes waiting for football to start on a New Years morning.
December 22, 2010
This female-driven buddy comedy is a nice change of pace. Besides, I love the cast, especially Lynch who shines in everything she does.
December 20, 2010
Superficial comedy about women who aren't superficial letting loose in line with the more shallow members of their gender. This movie has been made many times before, and its peers are generally superior in comparison to this average outing.
November 11, 2010
This is overall funny, but its just too corny and cheezy at times, and I had expected something more with a cast like that.

Its allright and has its moments, had it been from 2005 it would have been more in its right place, but for now its just not good enough.
November 1, 2010
I really don't know whose great idea this was for a film:

"Let's have three plain, aging comedians run around a beach full of tan, fit young people! For 84 minutes!"

Instant hit?!?

½ October 9, 2010
Even though popular-Sue (Jane Lynch) was in it, still a crappy garbage.