Springtime in the Rockies - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Springtime in the Rockies Reviews

October 13, 2015
Lots of singing, for a cowboy.
½ November 22, 2014
141121: The first half of this short film was painful but luckily it picked up in the second. Thought I'd finally bumped into an old one that was going to leave me sour but it didn't. Not really a western in my opinion (due to vehicles) but satisfying nonetheless. Found it interesting that throughout the whole movie Autry does not change his position in regards to sheep. Seems from all the movie references that the rivalry between cattle and sheep must've been quite significant. It even impacted film story lines and so much so that Autry would not release his dislike of sheep, even when in love. Has motivated me to find out the historical truth. Do sheep really kill grass? Who can't spare an hour for this piece of history?
March 22, 2014
good singing cowboy western
½ May 26, 2011
Feminist/anti-feminist western.
May 13, 2010
May 13, 2010
62/100. This Gene Autry western is lighter and more amusing than most and quite entertaining. It has the usual good songs. Nothing great but I enjoyed it, especially seeing Gene more mischievous than usual.