Spy Kids - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Spy Kids Reviews

July 19, 2016
A surprising good family flick, thanks to charming performances from it's leads and Rodriguez's direction.
July 15, 2016
Great movie and still holds up!
July 3, 2016
"Spy Kids" is a smart and visually creative film that works for both children aswell as grown-ups.
July 2, 2016
Spy Kids is nothing more then a fun adventure for kids. While also giving clever humor for adults
½ June 13, 2016
Fun kids movie, with heart, action, and good times. Kids and older viewers will have a good time.
June 5, 2016
With horrible acting, bad story, and disgusting CGI, "Spy Kids" is a silly excuse for a kids movie.
June 4, 2016
If you just want a fun spy movie where there isn't much common sense or logic, you will love Spy Kids.
June 4, 2016
Pretty fun film, Silly in places but enjoyable and different, Kids will like it and it has a very likable cast.
May 20, 2016
Great movie to watch with kids
May 16, 2016
Spy Kids loses its quality with time, and gives outdated special effects, lame action sequences, and awkward acting
PS: (Unbelievable how this movie has such a high-score, higher than LOTR The Fellowship of the Ring by the way, WHICH CAME THE SAME YEAR AS THIS SHIT)
May 15, 2016
Great start to the series!
½ April 11, 2016
I can't even say kids will enjoy this. This is so stupid, and so bad, and so unfunny. And honestly, it could have been great for kids, because the plot will definitely interest them. But this is "so bad it's funny!" I think there's a chance that kids will like this, because I liked it way more when I was younger. I also remember liking the second and third more. I may watch them as well. Who knows.
½ March 22, 2016
I loved it as a kid. But it doesn't hold up so well.
½ March 22, 2016
Weird ,cliche and full of awful CGI and laughable writing.
March 7, 2016
While it is enjoyable, it doesn't offer nearly enough. Poor writing, predictable story, bad action sequences. It's all of the things Rodriguez excels at toned down for this kid's film.
½ February 13, 2016
Pure imagination and fun. Robert Rodriguez has proven that it isn't impossible to make a good special effects-heavy movie on a relatively small budget.
½ February 2, 2016
Rodriguez could've done a little better.
½ February 1, 2016
I don't know. This movie was meant for kids. Well guess what. I'm a kid. Did I like this movie? No. I think that the story was weak and maybe a failed attempt at a James Bond for kids. The action was either lame or nonexistent and anything meant to be taken seriously wasn't. I don't know why critics have this such good reviews. At least it's not as bad as the terrible sequels.
December 31, 2015
Don't Why The Critics Loved It But It Was Alright
December 9, 2015
Funny, thought out, and something new. It's not everyday you see a cast like this one. A star for diversity.