Spy Kids 2: The Island of Lost Dreams - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Spy Kids 2: The Island of Lost Dreams Reviews

January 30, 2016
You say this is no longer fresh yet that's the rating here.
September 12, 2015
It's looks fun for the actors with a nice cast, but the film looks like a giant green screen film.
September 5, 2015
Love the creatures in this movie. Too bad this was the last decent spy kids movie.
August 26, 2015
Ridiculously absurd, Spy Kids 2: Island of Lost Dreams is a goofy children's film that delivers some fun laughs. After being shown up by a rival team of spy kids, Carmen and Juni Cortez attempt to redeem themselves by retrieving a stolen top secret device that's been taken to a mysterious remote island. Steve Buscemi gives an excellent performance as a mad scientist, and some of the child actors (Emily Osment and Taylor Momsen) are pretty good too. Additionally, the film's tone is less zany than the original, which makes the comedy work better. Yet, while Spy Kids 2: Island of Lost Dreams has its moments, overall it's still low-budget shlock.
August 23, 2015
What I got to say about "Spy Kids 2: The Island of Lost Dreams" is a great action adventure movie from start to finish. "It's fun, funny, full of action thrilling and epic all at once." The performances by the whole cast is great. The directing and screenplay by Robert Rodriguez is really good. The cinematography is good. The score in this movie I personally love it. Finally, the effects are good as well. "I have to report that "Spy Kids 2: The Island of Lost Dreams" is a good movie of a journey that is worth watching."
August 14, 2015
This film is pretty awful. It is such a low budget film. I have never seen such bad special effects. Stick with the original that was the only okay one. They probably should have left it at this and shouldn't have carried on because this one was barely a success and the third and fourth were the worst.
August 8, 2015
I liked it better with different Cast members..........
June 29, 2015
SO much better than the first, but still isn't that good
½ May 24, 2015
Another kids movie that sadly does not hold up. While some areas are slightly improved, it's just not as interesting as floop's castle in the last movie. By the way, Kahn from Star Trek 2 makes an appearance(you'll know when you see him). Overall, it's still a kids movie so logically they'll be entertained. But sadly, an island of 12 magnetic soldiers that travel with magnets and get stuck to metal just doesn't seem to hold up for me, but that doesn't mean it's not occasionally funny.
May 21, 2015
I didn't like it...the first one is a lot better.
½ May 16, 2015
Fantastical silliness.
April 18, 2015
I like it I like this one because I want to sell is there a movie I don't like it that much lo
½ April 4, 2015
not better than the original but still fun
February 28, 2015
A bit bigger and bolder than the first, Sky Kids 2 is just as fun.
½ February 25, 2015
The visual effects may seem very dated and the plot is rather childish, but the heart is still in the right place. Spy Kids 2 is still a fun time.
February 11, 2015
An agent is only as good as his gadgets.

The Cortez siblings disobey an order and go to an island where a mad scientist has created strange mutants that roam the island. One of their school competitors is also loose on the island. The Cortez siblings head out to the island to help their classmates. The survival tactics by the groups becomes a competition.

"We will get our grandchildren back."

Robert Rodriguez, director of Desperado, Machete, Spy Kids 1-4, Planet Terror, Once Upon a Time in Mexico, Machete Kills, Sin City 1 & 2, and The Faculty, delivers Spy Kids 2: Island of Lost Dreams. I think a lot of the special effects and aspects of the story were super cheesy. The acting was average and the cast includes Antonio Banderas, Steve Buscemi, Danny Trejo, Mike Judge, Cheech Marin, and Carla Gugino.

"A good agent controls his temper."

Spy Kids is a series I was reluctant to see but decided to give it a shot with my child. I thoroughly enjoyed the first one and had high hopes for this sequel. This was dreadful. There was too much whacky and cheesy CGI scenes. I thought the story was flimsy and preferred the 007 style feel the first film had. I recommend skipping this bummer.

"Family is sacrifice."

Grade: F
January 29, 2015
It's not quite on the same level as the first but it's surprising just how well it holds up in comparison. Full review later.
January 3, 2015
A big improvement over the first. Buscemi is a great Moreau, but the CG is sad. It's amazing the difference 12 years makes. The skeletons reminded me of Army of Darkness, which came out ten years earlier. Magnets, how do they work?
January 1, 2015