Spy Kids 2: The Island of Lost Dreams - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Spy Kids 2: The Island of Lost Dreams Reviews

August 14, 2015
This film is pretty awful. It is such a low budget film. I have never seen such bad special effects. Stick with the original that was the only okay one. They probably should have left it at this and shouldn't have carried on because this one was barely a success and the third and fourth were the worst.
August 8, 2015
I liked it better with different Cast members..........
June 29, 2015
SO much better than the first, but still isn't that good
½ May 24, 2015
Another kids movie that sadly does not hold up. While some areas are slightly improved, it's just not as interesting as floop's castle in the last movie. By the way, Kahn from Star Trek 2 makes an appearance(you'll know when you see him). Overall, it's still a kids movie so logically they'll be entertained. But sadly, an island of 12 magnetic soldiers that travel with magnets and get stuck to metal just doesn't seem to hold up for me, but that doesn't mean it's not occasionally funny.
May 21, 2015
I didn't like it...the first one is a lot better.
½ May 16, 2015
Fantastical silliness.
April 18, 2015
I like it I like this one because I want to sell is there a movie I don't like it that much lo
½ April 4, 2015
not better than the original but still fun
February 28, 2015
A bit bigger and bolder than the first, Sky Kids 2 is just as fun.
½ February 25, 2015
The visual effects may seem very dated and the plot is rather childish, but the heart is still in the right place. Spy Kids 2 is still a fun time.
February 11, 2015
An agent is only as good as his gadgets.

The Cortez siblings disobey an order and go to an island where a mad scientist has created strange mutants that roam the island. One of their school competitors is also loose on the island. The Cortez siblings head out to the island to help their classmates. The survival tactics by the groups becomes a competition.

"We will get our grandchildren back."

Robert Rodriguez, director of Desperado, Machete, Spy Kids 1-4, Planet Terror, Once Upon a Time in Mexico, Machete Kills, Sin City 1 & 2, and The Faculty, delivers Spy Kids 2: Island of Lost Dreams. I think a lot of the special effects and aspects of the story were super cheesy. The acting was average and the cast includes Antonio Banderas, Steve Buscemi, Danny Trejo, Mike Judge, Cheech Marin, and Carla Gugino.

"A good agent controls his temper."

Spy Kids is a series I was reluctant to see but decided to give it a shot with my child. I thoroughly enjoyed the first one and had high hopes for this sequel. This was dreadful. There was too much whacky and cheesy CGI scenes. I thought the story was flimsy and preferred the 007 style feel the first film had. I recommend skipping this bummer.

"Family is sacrifice."

Grade: F
January 29, 2015
It's not quite on the same level as the first but it's surprising just how well it holds up in comparison. Full review later.
January 3, 2015
A big improvement over the first. Buscemi is a great Moreau, but the CG is sad. It's amazing the difference 12 years makes. The skeletons reminded me of Army of Darkness, which came out ten years earlier. Magnets, how do they work?
January 1, 2015
I liked the first one...
January 1, 2015
I liked the first one...
½ November 9, 2014
By God, it was ACTUALLY worse than the previous film.
½ October 15, 2014
This was probably the best one In the series.
October 14, 2014
Best in the series, 7.5/10
½ September 12, 2014
The thrills are definitely bigger in this film, the rivalry against another group of spy kids is fun, and some great new secondary characters are introduced, but it's a little bit underwhelming compared to the first. 7/10.
August 25, 2014
The best of the series as well the funniest and warmest with the usual effects and silliness. (B+)

(Full review coming soon)