Spy Kids: All the Time in the World in 4D - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Spy Kids: All the Time in the World in 4D Reviews

½ July 30, 2017
Energetic and often taking itself way too seriously, the newest Spy Kids has plenty of gross-out humor and wacky gimmicks to keep kids entertained.
July 9, 2017
Give it up all ready, I thought they should only have made 3 of the spy kids but this one was bad and not fun to watch
½ July 4, 2017
No amount of Jeremy Piven or a wise-cracking robot dog voiced by Ricky Gervais can even begin to save this unnecessary time pun, potty humor laden fourth installment in a franchise that should have died after the second one.
½ May 23, 2017
What the actual f@#k was this s##t f@#king c@#k sucking piece of s##t going for.
April 11, 2017
The 4th Spy Kids installment came unexpectedly, and with moderate commercial success. The Cortez family from the previous movies has been pushed aside for a new cast of actors in a new spy family, the Cortez-Wilsons. The original kids Carmen and Juni do appear in this installment, but act as supporting characters for the new cast. Even their potential to trigger nostalgia for older Spy Kids fans, who watched the originals when they were young enough to enjoy them (like me), isn't enough to save the weak jokes and nonsensical plot here.

The storyline in Spy Kid 4 is disjointed and unoriginal, and ultimately, makes absolutely no sense. The screenwriters probably spent little time attempting to develop a somewhat cohesive plot to follow. The acting is wooden and stiff, as is the misplaced dialogue. The weak attempts at humor are depressing, and, at times, cringe-inducing.

The first two Spy Kids films were far from perfect, but at least the absurd ideas made for funny results and repeated viewings. When you're making ridiculous fantasy spy films for a young audience, you need to be creative and take some risks. Things like the Thumb-Thumbs, fantastical creatures on the Lost Island, and a four-headed David Shaloub made the original films entertaining.

The simple charm and connection between family members also made the originals work. How they interact, argue as families do, and ultimately band together to save the day was fun to see. But any hint of those feelings in this installment is lost by the lack of effort by all involved with 4. I tried, but failed, to find a single good thing in this movie. If you want a simple adventure spy movie for the whole family, maybe not the best one, but at something with a sense of fun and creativity, then stick with the first two Spy Kids, because this is just sad and unnecessary.

1/5

(review originally posted on release, but has since been edited and improved by author on April 11, 2017)
March 14, 2017
This movie was a waste of time... heh heh, get it?
January 4, 2017
Best best best
Best best best
December 14, 2016
We have a problem com on where are the original actors and actresses because this one was not good. I could just not see this movie any more. And why must they make another spy kids I think they should just end with 3 and no more
½ September 15, 2016
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World(2011)
Starring:Jessica Alba,Joel McHale,Jeremy Piven,Alexa Vega,Daryl Sabara,and Simon Pegg
Directed By:Robert Rodriguez
Review
And to think I use to enjoy these pieces of crap when I was a kid. When I was little I was having fun with the Spy Kids sequels,Lost dreams and Game over 3D. But I watched them again and had a second opinion thinking that they were stupid. This sequel makes them look like the godfather.
In the most recent Spy kids movie Jessica Alba is playing a spy who has character name that I really don't remember or care about,who has her last mission catches the bad guy has a baby. Year after that some time keeper villain or whatever the heck his name was,makes time go faster and wants to go back in time to spend more time with his father.Jessica Alba recruits her kids and they must take some diamond and stop the Armageddon device and the time keeper.
What immediately ticked me off about this movie is all the marvel references like for example , there is a chase scene in the beginning where the kids are in some CGI spacecraft and there being chased by the time keepers henchmen and it looks like there on the green goblins glider. But wait the references don't stop there,they also have a fight sequence going on and one of the kids have some hammer hands and guess what he says "it's hammer time" and then he lifts one of his hands and lightning is surging through it. That's when I lost it.
The movie of course even brings back the original spy kids,but here's a problem with that,they do the cliche of he/she is dead but they come back for the finale of the film for fan service although I doubt this series has fans and with this movie they lost them.
Spy Kids all the time in the world is one of those family movies that make me hate live action family movies while the sequels before this were bad this is the worst. I give Spy Kids:All the Time in the World a half out of five.
½ September 2, 2016
Not well reviewed but my kids enjoyed it. I hated "The Office" but quite enjoyed hearing the voice of Ricky Gervais as the dog.
August 29, 2016
I'd rather fuck myself with this Chinese food and watch this again
July 14, 2016
Knew by the poster that the movie was gonna be bad, the cast aswell with new "spy" kids adds alot of it too(the bad parts)
July 10, 2016
A ok movie I was not exiting the original cast to look so defrent
June 13, 2016
Not for me, cool seeing original Spy Kids though. Maybe kids will enjoy this, but for older audience members it might be a drag.
½ June 4, 2016
It may not be as fun or entertaining as the first two, but it is an entertaining despite having a bad plot, but sometimes a movie needs a good plot to be saved, this is one of those times.
May 22, 2016
The absolute worst one in the franchise. This has stupid and vulgar humor, pathetic acting, and it has more horrible CGI. This movie should be skipped.
½ April 20, 2016
Unfortunately, I didn't get the chance to see this in 4D. I'm sure that would have made it a lot more fun. Instead I had to make my way through this hoping that Gervais would raise the comedy bar and that the Ginger kid from the original films wouldn't show up. One of these things happened; the wrong one.
½ February 14, 2016
The trilogy barely ended on a decent note, but Rodriguez somehow thought it necessary to tack on a fourth movie, which is as bad as it is unnecessary. However, if the movie was an action comedy with only Joel McHale and no kids clowning up the screen, the movie would have been five stars.
January 25, 2016
A lame retread of the charming original Spy Kids.
January 17, 2016
Look I don't care anymore.
Any Spy Kids Movie would be better than this.
22% Is Lower than the others in definitely.