Spymate - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Spymate Reviews

September 10, 2016
easily the best trailer ive seen in the past 3 minuts.
½ April 11, 2016
A movie for the whole family to hate! This is one of the worst movies I have ever seen. I guess the plot is where it all starts to sound stupid. I would not recommend this to fans of even the many awful sequels to Air Bud.
November 29, 2015
This movie was my childhood cant believe it got such bad reviews
March 23, 2014
It's that damned monkey. He's highly trained.

Minkey is a super-spy chimpanzee that hides his identity by performing in the circus on the side. When his partner's daughter is kidnapped, he springs into action. He will go through copious training and research to get to the bottom of the case. Can Minkey save the kidnapped little girl?

"Who will win, man or machine?"

Robert Vince, director of Spookie Buddies, Snow Buddies, Space Buddies, Santa Buddies, Air Buddies, The Search for Santa Paws, Santa Paws 2, Treasure Buddies, and Air Bud: Seventh Inning Itch, delivers Spymate. The storyline for this picture actually kept my daughter's attention from beginning to end. The action sequences were creative and the monkey was awesome. The acting was as you'd expect for the genre and the cast includes Pat Morita, Emma Roberts, Kathryn Kirkpatrick, Richard Kind, Barry Bostwick, and Jay Brazeau.

"Will somebody get rid of that flying monkey?"

My daughter is really into the "Buddies" movies so I decided to give the Spymate/monkey movies a shot to see if she'd like them...she likes them better. Overall, this is a below average movie, but it does the trick of entertaining a 4 year old. I'm not sure that a child much older than 6 or 7 could like this movie, but children under that age may find it worthwhile. I wouldn't purchase this movie, but I would watch it with your little ones as a safe family fun picture.

"Drop the egg."

Grade: C-
December 10, 2013
I just saw a scene where a small box transforms into a skateboard. I h8 this film already.
½ August 25, 2013
Man... I recently saw this for the second time with some younger kids. What a piece of trash.
June 12, 2013
Cute chimp. Can't get into it though. Done. Off.
May 26, 2013
What a rediculous movie! Well, never mind, it's just for Children.
½ April 24, 2013
The plot is half-baked, there is an overuse of tired spy clichés, and it's, overall, embarrassingly over the top. I don't really recommend it.
½ May 8, 2012
Entire budget was spent on a DeLorean rental.
½ May 8, 2012
Just awful. A jumble of nonsensical crap with quite a nonsensical story. The epitome of what's wrong with children's films.
½ April 21, 2012
This movie, like a chimp, enjoys throwing shit at you.
April 19, 2012
James Bond meets monkeys? Yes, I mean no!
½ March 5, 2012
A low budget monkey movie
February 16, 2012
this was a pretty good movie the circus ppl were funny i hated when they went to japan
½ March 15, 2011
Um filme bobo demais atà (C) para crianças.
February 10, 2011
a kinda silly but cute fam flick, the monkey was awesome! :P
½ August 21, 2010
Damn cant give zero stars.

Take a karate fighting monkey, horrible CGI, horrible story, crap characters, even worse acting, and some real condescending dialogue and a villian that is only a threat to Captain Crunch and you got this steaming pile of karate monkey poo.

Can't believe I sat through this total nonsense.
May 28, 2010
This child's movie with mild violence is perfectly funny, particularly the 'talking Minkey' part.